humira side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 83 and have all three arthritis's, my Ra doctor put me on Humira to help my "quality of life". I have had itching, heart palpitations, Extreme fatigue, nausa, dry mouth , breathing issues and it's only been my 1st shot! Will this get better or will I be sick for a week after each shot? I've read that taking it at bedtime relieves some of the effects, does anyone know?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Holy cow! have you spoke to your doctor about this because it seems like a pretty severe reaction that you're having and I'm afraid it maybe it is an allergic reaction. if it is an allergic reaction than a second injection could put you over so please talk to your doctor before you do another injection. I took it for a while and had absolutely no reaction to it whatsoever.

• Edited

thank you for replying> I'm not taking next shot discussing alternatives!!!

• Posted

my doctor pushed me into taking second shot felt worst then first time.I spoke to my ra doctor she wanted me to take third shot.I refused switched ra doctors. Have not been on humira for two months feeling back to old self but still have pain. So anyone trying humira pleases be careful and have an ra doctor that listens!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.