Hydrocephalus

Posted , 1 user is following.

Does any one have any knowledge or experience with/about hydrocephalus and how to go about getting it officially diagnosed?

Back in October of 2022, I woke up one morning feeling absolutely fine and then within an hour; my vision had gone blurry, I couldn’t see or stand. Went completely lightheaded and felt like I was going to pass out - this left a really funny sensation, like liquid being poured into my head.

The paramedics came out, noted that my blood pressure was very high and along with the other symptoms, they took me to the hospital.

At the hospital, they did an MRI and MRV. The MRI showed that the ventricles in my brain were enlarged and there was too much fluid.

MRV showed narrowing of my arteries.

After a lot of waiting - none of the doctors could come to a conclusion as to what had caused this.

Months on and I’m still having exactly the same symptoms - headaches (mainly worse in the morning) lightheaded/dizzy, changes in vision (blurry), nausea/vomiting.

It seems I never really ‘get rid’ of my headache, it’s always there. I can’t turn my head to fast or stand up too fast without it making me really dizzy.

With the fact they’ve already told me about the enlarged ventricles, I’m starting to become really concerned that they aren’t looking into it more and ruling this out? I have every symptom of hydrocephalus. They keep trying to pass this off as migraines and they’re currently also looking into my heart but seem very unwilling to help or listen further.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.