hypertension

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 32 years old and my BP 150/90 is it necessary to take medicine to control BP? plz suggest how could i control it without taking medicine.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am 44 and have high blood pressure which I do take medication for but also know that reducing your sodium intake to between 1500-2000 mg a day as well as walking for 10 each time 3 times a day helps with blood pressure as well.
  • Posted

Yes, your BP is too high, especially for someone your age. You could eat better (nothing from a box - ready meals), exercise more and deal with anything causing you stress - I know, easier said than done but you did ask.

If you do no take medication to lower your blood pressure, there is a good chance that it will creep up, an then something worse will happen - believe me, I'm speaking from experience.

• Posted

At the age of 32, if you BP has been found to be consistently high on 3 separate occasions, then you will need medication to control it.

If, in the meantime, you are overweight, lacking in exercise, drink caffeinated beverages, include salt in your diet (ready-made meals and preserved foods, for instance, are loaded!), then changing your life-style may help to reduce your blood pressure.......and possibly get off medication.  Avoiding stress will also help.

​If you haven't got a home BP monitoring machine, then do get one and take a few readings over a couple of weeks - this will at least show whether you might be feeling nervous/stressed at the surgery when your BP is taken thus leading to a condition known as "white coat syndrome".

• Posted

Better see your Dr and seek his advice. Hypertension is some times called a silent killer. Takecare of it immedialtely. You need to change your life style. Replace red Meat with fish at least twice a day. Reduce your salt intake. Walk for 1/5hour each day, religiously. Take afternoon nap for atleast 1/2hour if you're have a stressful job. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hello,

I am no expert but I would definitley see your doc. I was always 120/80 my entire life and then ended up with high blood pressure. I can tell you after being in Cleveland clinic for 3 weeks its nothing to fool with. The ladies here know much more than me but agin I would check with your doctor because you are so young.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.