hypnagogic hallucinations Questions/Experience

Posted , 1 user is following.

so I have been dealing with this crazy thing for as long as I can remember from childhood until about 2 weeks ago pretty much at my wit's end with it I did a Google search.

This led me to hypnagogic hallucinations, so I just changed doctors because my new doctor can't seem to help me.

this thing has sent me to the emergency room before I'm afraid to go to bed these days.

I'm awake but it's not real I just woke up it's insane to me why I've had this all my life and yet no doctor can help me or anything the last one doesn't even know what it is he looked at me like I was crazy.

so here is one of my most recent ones.

My husband woke me up from sleep dragging a little dresser with two shelves into the room at least I thought it was my husband "saying hey babe look what I found."

of course, I'm sitting up and i look down and millions of spiders are pouring out of this thing crawling up the bed towards me. my husband was flesh and blood real and so were the spiders. but with no real control my body bolted out of the room I mean it's like someone else is driving the car and I'm watching i have no control. so halfway threw the living room heading for the door I finally put the breaks on and stop my heart felt like it was coming out of my chest I stood there for a few minutes trying to figure out what just happened so when I finally make myself go back to the room I look around but no shelf no hubby standing at the foot of my bed instead he is asking me if I'm ok and if I had another nightmare. i walked over to him and touched him to make sure he was really there he knows I been to doctor after doctor with no answer i got mad and started searching the internet reading what I could so this is how i found hypnagogic hallucinations I have lived with this nightmare since i was a child and no known reason and no doctor seems to believe what I'm dealing with so i want to know for those who have this, is this similar to what you experience?

how do you find a doctor who understands this am i looking in the wrong place? do i need a sleep study type doctor? I've only been to a family doctor.

I'm to afraid to sleep i have had 2 hours tonight before the waking nightmare woke me up again if anyone can pass some advice that would be amazing!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.