Hypothyroidism, Celiac and/ or Chrones

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm still a relative newbie to the condition Hypothyroidism. I'm currently taking 100mg having started on 50mg.

I'm aware ( now) that certain foods are "advised" to be avoided, however I have most recently been informed that I *may also have either Coeliac - maybe Chrones ( awaiting gastro appointment = expecting endoscopy )

Had anyone else here had the did try complications of food intolerance on top of their hypo diagnosis?

I feel like I've been hit by a runaway train and I'm struggling with the reality of what's to come.

My son is confirmed 100% Coeliac and my elder sister had Chrones= we are having to piece together a medical history ourselves

I'm not looking for sympathy or HAD DIETS= they are not welcomed. Only info from folks with a food intolerance on top of Hypo please.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

YES!!! Stomach problems often Paracelsus thyroid disease. When you get the thyroid condition managed, 90% of the food sensitivities go away. There are hundreds of posts here on this. However, gluten, in any quantities should be avoided.
  • Posted

Hi again Blue, also, a lot of people have posted difficulties taking levo because it seems to cause stomach problems.
  • Posted

Hi blue,

I have had hashimotos since I was six (21 now) and have had food intolerances since I was born. I haven't gotten a clear diagnosis yet for the food intolerances. I had a blood test for celiac but that was all the gastro dr. did. I get extremely bad stomach pains to the point where i can't stand up straight and it will wake me up if I'm sleeping. I get really shaky and light headed then once that happened I will either pass out, throw up, or have really bad diarrhea. I can't pinpoint what foods cause this to happen still so I don't know what to avoid. Im probably going to go to an allergist soon to see if they can find it.

Chrones and celiac are both autoimmune diseases and are more common to occur when you already have an autoimmune disease like hashimotos (not sure if you are just hypo or hashimotos hypo). I'm also pretty sure that celiac is genetic so if your son has it then you may have it too. Wishing you the best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.