Hysterectomy pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all I'm new to this site,I had a hysterectomy on the 3.4.16 but going into week four and iv still got this burning pulling pain every time I move it doesn't hurt when I'm not doing anything just when I'm moving .I was hoping to be doing more now but really not doing much,did anyone else have the same pain ? and how long does it go on x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi I still have the ditches pulling even now evey so often and I've had mine seven months ago I guess it takes a while or few years before it's completely gone
  • Posted

Deborah, matron will be on and will answer your question, how did you have the surgery was it vaginal? Or a cut on your tummy
    • Posted

Hi it was a cut from my belly button,I had everything took away plus a ovarian cyst the size of a water melon. If I'm lied on my bed iv no pain it's just when I'm up and moving about it burns x
    • Posted

Hi love I had one last July but it was vaginal and they left my overies, I would think with a cut it would be the healing if you are worried though ring your GP to just to satisfy yourself 

take care love xx

• Posted

Hi Deborah I had a vaginal hysterectomy  just over two weeks ago  so can't say if that is normal but I think to put your mind at rest maybe give the ward where you had op a ring and ask them I rang my ward a few days after coming home and they were lovely and gave me advice. I had ovarian cysts removed when I was only 19 one on each ovary said one size of melon and size of orange you wouldn't believe it would you. Hope you start feeling better soon x 
  • Posted

I have been in pain for 22 months from the moment I woke up from surgery.  I have been poked, scanned, etc.  Told nothing was wrong and it would go away just like many on here.

Just this week I was on to another doctor.  Someone finally listened and upon imaging saw that my ovaries are adhered to my bowel and surgical cuff.  

Adhesions destroy lifes and mine has been ruined since day one.  Please do some research on adhesions.  It is hard to find a dotor to listen or even do a surgery in regards to these.

It may not be for you, but don't dimiss it.  I have lived in severe pain, worse than before the surgery, for almost two years.  I am now facing another surgery and adhesions are a lifelong disease, not to be taken lightly.  I am just hoping for a few years of relief at this point.

I hope your pain is simple and you feel better soon.  I know you are desperate now and I don't want to see you in the same pain two years down the road.

Hoping you are well soon!

• Posted

Hi Deb. Unfortunately I have no idea his long the pain last but it's been7 months since my hysterectomy and I'm Still in excruciating pain. Btw wait to have sex and ease your way back into it👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.