i am 19 years old and have had bv for a while i have tri...

Posted , 6 users are following.

i am 19 years old and have had bv for a while i have tried everything wearing skirts the tablets and the pessarys baths with salt and no added bubble baths and aqaueous cream and it doesnt seem to be going away has anyone tried anything else that might help its ruined my sex life with my partner?

[i:51619bf0df]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:51619bf0df]

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have your doctor call you in Metronidazole. It will cure the smell in one to two days.
  • Posted

I hope all is well. If you are still suffering from BV try these steps

1. If you are constipated as well start taking metamucil or a fiber suppliment of some sort. I am taking the generic brand of metamucil in caplet form. Once your stomach kick starts all of the foods that have been agrevating the BV will start to flush out.

2. Start a smootie regiment - this is the completely natrual way to cure BV. Include your favorite fruits for taste. I use rasberries mostly for the fiber because of my stubborn backed up stomach. Bananas are perfect as well. Add spinach for the Vitamin E that helps the BV subside. Do a half cup of water and a half cup of nonfat plain yogurt - the plain yogurt is what will really rid of the BV for good. Even if you dont have time to make yourself a smoothie every morning eat the yogurt plain (which is really gross but affective) or take a probiotic with the active cultures that are in yogurt

3. Exercize 20 mintues a day- whether you walk or dance or get on a tredmil/bike/eliptical for a few minutes a day you will get your stomach moving and all the ickyness thats causing BV will start to get moving out of your system

4. Avoid sex for 5 to 7 days - just to be safe. Once you do start having sex either jump in a warm to hot shower to rinse your area or use a hot wash cloth with no soap (that will just irritate) have your partner wash up before and after sex too

I really hope this helps. It has 100% worked for me. I really hope this post finds you well!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.