I am at a loss for what else to do

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I am currently having various tests done to find out what is causing the symptoms I am having. As a quick run down I have had the following symptoms since June of this year most days or every day:

Fatigue, depression (even though I am on anti-depressants), unexplained weight gain especially around my stomach, severe night sweats, bloating, constipation, cold hands and feet among others. I have a family history of autoimmune diseases along with test results which show something going on with my thyroid but I am unsure what it is yet.

I have recently noticed I have what I think is a buffalo hump but I am not sure. I have attached a picture for you to look at. I had a Sycathen test done that came back normal so am I right in thinking that would have ruled out Cushing's as well? I am desperate to get some answers as no one is believing how bad my symptoms are or they are brushing them off as other things like CFS/M.E.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello SaltyLuna...there are 3 MAIN symptoms of Cushing's Disease: a "moonie" round face, a buffalo hump, and massive rapid weight gain...I gained from 105 to 276 lbs in 6 months...trunkal obesity is from your elbows down to your knees. I gained that weight while throwing up everything I ate. There are numerous symptoms associated with Cushing's..none of us have the same symptoms, but those 3 I listed above are the ones that your dr is going to look for and notice. if you have the 3 symptoms ...take pictures of before you got sick and what you look like now. Request a 24 or 48 hour cortisol urine test, and blood tests for cortisol. To verify if you have high cortisol. If you do not have the 3bmain symptoms, I doubt what you have is Cushings. I could not see a picture of your hump as they deleted it as its not allowed. if you have question, private message me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.