I am very scared I may have a brain tumor

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm a 16yr old male who has “anxiety". Now for the past 3 weeks I've been getting these sharp pains around my head everywhere. They were headaches at first and then some became just pains. Now i went to the doctor and they said its just stress and I should be fine but I'm not stressing about anything right now! This pain is consistent but during the day it comes and goes. Today I woke up with a headache and I'm very very scared I have a brain tumor. Someone pls pls pls help I'm freaking out I really do not want cancer or anything. Thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

umm not to be rude but it sounds like your stressing about a brain tumor or cancer lol which if it was that you would have more symptoms then just a headache. the most likely cause is tension headaches or mirgranes. tensions headches respond well to cold therapy and you can try doing some Sternocleidomastoid muscle excerises to see if that helps.
    • Posted

Lol its not only headaches but I am also dizzy at times, get ear aches and random spasms around my body for no reason

• Posted

could always be blood pressure related aswell even though you are young.
    • Posted

Lol no my blood pressure is fine so I'm really still scared

• Posted

If you are really not happy you could go back to your doctor and ask for an MRI scan of your brain which will pick up any abnormalities
  • Posted

Hi, you have had the exact same problem as me, be persistent about the MRI and get reffered to a neurologist. not a paedreatric as they will do nothing. you most probbably have nothing but better safe than sorry. Worrying will make it worst. Have an eye test and get a teeth x-ray as mine is most likely TMJ, dentist going to confirm soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.