I can relate to all of you in some way...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a grandmother & I feel some of you are very young.  In one way or another I have been you in that I relate to thinking you are going to die at any given moment, or some illness real or imagined is terminal or just plain miserable by the anxious sensations in the pit of the stomach.

I was very young when anxiety came into my life.  Then I it was under control for a few years.  And that depended on what was going on in my life.

But now here I am living with the anxiety issue.  Having all kinds of illnesses --had dizziness for 10 months! no doc knew why.  That went away & now prob with my stomach & chronic pain. At my age I might die smile but I hope not yet.  The older your kids get you take on their issues.

My point is fight it as hard as you can....with deep breathing, like yoga or walking, have friends that listen & meds (which I need).  It isn't easy....good luck.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marie ,I relate to you very much same sort of circumstances not yet gone down the medication route but think that may be what I will have to do to get on with my life 
  • Posted

Hi Marie thank you for your post. Have you read self help for your nerves by Dr Clair weeks I've read many articles for anxiety but none of them come close to Her explanation and experience of the anxiety state it's an old book but just as relative today. Can't imagine the feelings of anxiety despair and depression have ever really changed over the centuries lol anyway good luck with your recovery x

• Posted

Hi--I will check to see if I can locate the Dr Weeks book.  Your right the feelings of anxiety haven't changed but in today's world the reasons may be different.  I have to do a Colonoscopy on Monday ugh!  Something else to try to be positive about...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.