I can't tell if I've having gallbladder issues or bad anxiety and I'm really freaked out.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello all,

About a month ago, I started noticing brief moments of minor pain on my right side, just below my ribs. They went quickly and barely hurt so I didn't think much of it, but they slowly started becoming more frequent. About 2 weeks ago, my area had a couple of snowfalls, and I noticed that, when cleaning off my car, reaching to roof caused more significant pain in the area (about a 4 or 5 out of 10 that lingered for a few moments). A few days later, I started having constant pressure in the area that is almost exclusively present while sitting down (1 or 2 on the pain scale but nearly constantly present while sitting.) When I stand, I very occaisionally feel it depending on how I'm standing (Or the previously mentioned random shoots of minor pain), but it feels a couple inches lower on my side. I also started having pretty nasty indigestion around the same time as the pressure started, which still comes and goes (though taking nexium daily has helped a lot on this part). My stools have been a normal color for the most part, though occaisionally are green and have some food remains still in them). I went to urgent care, who said that it could likely be a liver or gallbladder issue, and that if it gets worse to go to the ER. I was already pretty freaked out but that statement made things way worse in my mind. Two days later I panicked and went to the ER.

The ER ran blood tests and, aside from an elevated ALT from previously known about early NAFLD (Test was at 77), all blood levels were normal. On a physical examination the dr could not find any issues, and after referring to an abdominal CT scan I had done 9 months ago that showed no signs of gallbladder, liver, or pancreas issues (Outside of the aforementioned NAFLD), said that doing an abdominal ultrasound would be "Overkill", as nothing is really pointing to it being needed. I just don't understand this though as, to me, something is clearly wrong.

I have an appointment with a GP on Thursday of this week, but am still freaked out, and can't tell if the issues are real or in my head. The pressure seems to slowly be spreading, and I can feel it now part way up my ribs, with the random shoots of pain spreading as well. I have really bad health anxiety, but could it really make things this bad? Or am I correct to have concerns and worries of gallbladder or liver problems?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.