I could feel pain during tooth extraction what should I do?

Posted , 1 user is following.

hello

I went to the dentist two weeks ago due to a cracked tooth, once there the dentist advised me it would be best to take the tooth out and that she would prescribe me antibiotics for the next five days. I finished these and went back two weeks later to get the tooth extracted.

She injected me twice and started the extraction but i had to stop her due to being able to feel serve pain when she was pulling at the tooth (it wasnt pressure as i have had the same tooth on the other side so i know what to expect) she injected me again. The tooth then snapped out of my mouth and went flying across the room. when she started to pull again i told her i could feel pain as well as the tooth wiggling. At this point i was crying, she then used a big drill to try and access the rest of the tooth but she was unsuccessful. After trying multiple times she switched to a smaller drill but again was unsuccessful. I could feel everything despite having been injected six times.

She then started to pull at the tooth due to the drills not working. I had to ask her to stop the treatment at this point because i was in so much pain and couldn't stop crying. She then told me I would have to go to the hospital to have the remaining tooth taken out and that she's giving me more antibiotics for the next five days.

The extraction site was still bleeding when i left and i don't know how I will be referred to the hospital because i was too upset at the time. I don't want to go back there as it hurt so much. I don't know what is left in my mouth or anything. They asked for my GP

What should i do now?

I'm scared of having to go back there for further treatment as I can still feel the pain when I go to sleep. I've woken up today with a very sore face , throbbing sensation where the hole is (to be expected) and having lost my voice.

If anyone could give me advice on what to do next or if they've had the same thing happen to them I would be very grateful for your response as I'm very scared about what happens next as I don't want to go through that pain again.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.