I don't think I should be taking this medication, took my first 20mg dose this morning.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Essentially, I'm 90% sure my problem is that I'm going through marijuana withdrawals. I've been taking pretty substantial dosages of Delta-8 Gummies and abruptly stopped two weeks ago. Since last week, I've had insomnia, increased anxiety, gastrointestinal issues and nocturnal waking. All of which has been getting gradually better even without the medication.

I talked to someone on plushcare yesterday and they prescribed me "propranolol" and "remeron" and essentially told me to get a psychiatrist and do my own research on it. I am 100% NOT taking the remeron, that seems like it will make literally everything worse. Propranolol however, I took a dose of 20mg this morning for the first time, I barely feel any different, only that my heart rate is slightly slower.

Thing is, I kind of feel like once these withdrawals subside, my heart rate will naturally go back to normal but I will still be on this medication, which may cause complications. I feel like an absolute idiot for taking this pill, I truly hope that one dose of 20mg won't cause me too many issues. I don't feel like it's a good idea to keep using this, especially considering my symptoms seemed to be getting better without it.

I can't really reach anyone right now, I'm going to try to, but if I just decided to not take the second pill and chock this up to "Okay, well, not doing that again." and if things go south in a real way, reinstate it then, would that be feasible?

I literally only took my first dose 2 hours ago, I don't think it's a great idea to continue until I know for sure that this isn't withdrawal symptoms.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.