I feel hopeless; tremendous, endless itching, burning and stinging

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've had this for 6 weeks now. It started under my breasts. I thought it was a yeast infection. Treated it with home yeast recipes I found online. Then called my doctor (G.P.) Couldn't be seen because of Covid 19 cautions. Doctors weren't seeing patients. Got RX cream for yeast infection (Nystatin). Didn't help. Now the itching is is worse, and also my groin. I'm prescribed Fluconozole tablets for 3 days. Of course it does no good. Then the itching between my fingers started, and all three areas were unbearable. Somehow got in to see my dermatologist. She said it was scabies which I had guessed after checking my symptoms online. Prescribed a tube of Permitherin (?). No help, now I'm covered EVERYWHERE. I get a refill, but can't get the refill til 9 more days (I tried: Pharmacy won't let me have it until 2 weeks have passed). Trying nearly EVERYTHING online. It's going on 7 weeks. I think lymph fluid is oozing out under my breasts, in my groin, and armpits because of me scratching the itches. I've got pets so I must treat them, I just read. Must treat my bed, sofa, everything. Everywhere on my body, arms. neck, FACE stings, burns, and Itches. It seems totally hopeless. I'm 71 and live alone. I'm not a doddering, old granny. I'm always on the go, travel,

and busy with friends...until Covid 19 started. We're still not getting together (some of my friends are younger, and they're doing things, but those of us over 65 are being cautious.) Of course with these damn BUGS I don't want to, and should not go, anywhere. I called my dermatologist to see what else she could prescribe...zilch. I haven't gotten my hands on Invernectin (?), but even if I did, I worry about takjng it because of my age. Although this truly is the most terrible, hopeless thing ever to happen to me. Using neem oil, clove oil, turmeric and tea tree oil mixed together and applied EVERYWHERE, even my head. Leave it on 45 mins as I sit on the edge of my bathtub. Then wash it off. Found the recipe online by a guy who has done loads of research on treatments because he has had scabies several times. I

ordered sulphur soap and powder, more neem oil, and a neem oil and tumeric soap bar. He said turmeric and neem oil mixed are used to treat people in India, where there are millions of scabies cases. I have little to no appetite. My skin itches and BURNS so much, I can't. I am really hurting, my skin is TREMENDOUSLY itchy, but painful, too. I feel like I've been burned.

I feel nauceous, too, off and on. I don't want to get a secondary infection from scratching, I'm now going to wash my scalp with tea tree oil bath wash, as well as my body, in a cool shower. What a different perspective I have of invalids who can't get out of the house. I've only told 1 friend, and my daughter. Not telling anyone else. I have NO idea how I got these, maybe from a massage I got at my 4 Star hotel in Cabo in Feb. What does it matter. I've got them and that's that. (The man who had all sorts of advice re: treating scabies I found by Googling How To Use Permetherin Cream. Thanks for reading my story.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

dear Barbara , i do believe your on the totally right track as far as treating these evil little bugs. its also important to know the science behind the itch. even after the mites latch onto you it takes about 4-6 weeks for your body to detect them and start fighting them off. the itch comes from a poisonous reaction we have to the bugs, their bites, their feces, eggs, and even long after they die and our skin is trying to break them down and push them out which can also take several weeks. all times which we experience that relentless itch. these bugs live for only 2 to 3 days without a host, but the eggs are more resistant thats why its important to follow up with the treatments

its just important to follow up everywhere , cleaning your entire house, bed bathroom clothes, tables, car, sofa, etc.

so dont lose faith it sounds like your doing a great job actually, alot better than i was at lease, and i got rid of mine and my families with God's Will.

i felt the absolute same way the unbearable relentless itch. i used the neem snd clove oil mixed it with lotion, tea tree oil, sulphur soap 10% in the shower, and last but not least pernetherin cream, applied it left it on overnight, washed it off, then repeated after the next refill was available. So just hang in there it sounds like your doing a great job and God willing you should be relieved of these bugs soon (:

• Posted

Lon213, Thank you very much afor taking the time to reply. I'm taking Prednisone, and am nearly finished with that prescription. I did the Permethrin which left me nearly insane the next day with itching and burning once I rinsed it off. A dr. in Urgent Care told me to repeat the Permethrin. it was 6 days after the first 14-hour treatment. Felt like I had been in a house fire. One question I have is, why if I have killed the mites does the itching get bad again at night and in the early hours of the morning??? I see no new tracks or bumps, my poor skin is trying to heal, I have the little, pointy pimple-like bumps still. i vacuum my furniture and floor, like crazy. Wash my sheets after 1 night's use. vacuum the mattress, wash clothes et all in hot water, then dry in the 103 desert suncall day, or in my dryer on high heat. I know I'm repeating myself...it's 6:30 p.m. and the intense itching is starting up again. This really is a nightmare. Again, thank you for your reply. I can get through this as long as I know it's not a re-infestation. I continue to keep my fingers crossed, and I have faith, so I do pray for strength to make it through.

• Edited

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It's a horrible situation. I know, I suffered with it for 2 long years. Here's what I did to rid myself of it (believe me, I tried all the same stuff including Neem oil, diamatacious earth, sulphur, ect...).

The problem with permethrin is that you can only handle having it on your skin for 24 hours. But, i discovered that you can apply a 50/50 solution of tea tree oil and olive oil to your skin continually and it helps get rid of those on top of your skin (its also good for your skin). Always read the labels of the products though, as some tea tree oils have other ingredients beside tea tree oil, which would dilute its potency. I reapplied this mixture every 12 hours and right after every shower for a couple of weeks. Now about the ivermectin (pills that kill those laying eggs under the skin), go to your doctor and demand the ivermectin and take it in conjunction with your doctors advice (while also using the tea tree oil mixture). If you can kill those on top of the skin and those under the skin at the same time, you have a good chance of having the problem licked. The doctors go by one stupid script...which tells them to give patients either permethrin or ivermectin seperately...and 2 weeks apart. All that does is kill a few and allow the rest to live. This procedure worked for me because you get them both at the same time. Also of course, you have to wash everything you touch daily (in hot water), bedding, clothes, toilet seats, floors, ect. Oh, and also, they can hide under your fingernails and nail beds (so clean those areas out with bleach). My heart goes out to you. May you be healed of this horrible malady soon.

• Posted

Fellowstuff -Thank you for your kind and thoughtful reply. It was very encouraging to read. I will call and do what I can to get the intervectin. The cream prescribed for itc hing is useless. Funny enough, I mixed neem oil and olive oil, too, adding also turmeric powder, and clove oil. (I got the recipe from the Google site I found, mentioned in my original comment. A bar of sulphur soap arrived a few minutes ago. I'll take a suphur bath shortly.I also saw to add Borax. I know from tears and years ago Borax powder sprinkled evenly and liberally on carpet will kill fleas. I do have 2 small dogs and 3 cats...not sure how to treat them, or what I can safely use. One dog is just 5 lbs. Thanks again so much for your suggestions and encouragement.

• Posted

fellowstuff Many thanks for taking the time to read about what I'm experiencing, and for your advice. Giving the tea tree oil and olive oil Tx a try rt now.

• Edited

I have been battling this since november 2019. I'm still fighting it. Although I haven't had any intense nightly itch that keeps me up for about 4 months. But I'm still getting 1 or 2 new lesions a week on my back. Once I beat it I'll post up my regimen. But needless to say so far I've tried permethrin, crotamiton, tea tree oil, neem oil, ivermectin cream/lotion, sulfur soap and ivermectin oral.

But for permethrin this is what I found what works best for me. Applying it thoroughly so that a film coats your body. I prefer to squeeze the tube directly onto the body and massage it from there. Leave it on for 24 hours instead of the recommended 8 to 14. But if you feel that's too long, go for the 14 hours. A second application by day 7 is a must at a minimum.

If the pharmacy is telling you refill too soon due to insurance, simply ask the doctor to write the script to be repeated in 7 days. Then go to pharmacy staff and ask them to kindly bill the prescription for a 7 day supply, or if you have a good relation with them ask them to bill for 1 day supply. You can sometimes look at how many day supply is billed by looking at your prescription label. Sometimes the doctor can specify day supply on the prescription as well.

• Posted

how you doing barb? hope your well

• Posted

felicia21...Hi Felicia...I'm hanging in there. Doing EVERYTHING I can think of, or have been advised, or read to end this nightmare. I am the "vacuuming fool", plus wash everything in hot water, dry it on high, or all day in the hot desert sun. Finishing tomorrow a Rx of Prednisone and an antibiotic called Cephalexin, as a P.A. in Urgent Care was concerned I had an infection from all the itching and scratching. My temp was 100 that day. It's normal now and has been for more than a cpl weeks. Also Muceron ointment was prescribed for my hands which were swollen, with cracked, bleeding and scabbed knuckles, and in between my fingers. The ointment improved my hands 100% in about 3 days. Hallelujah! What REALLY worries me is a re-infestation. I start itching again around 6 pm or so nightly, into the early morning hours and right up til 8 or 9 a.m. I see no new bumps or tracks like when I was diagnosed. I soak in Aveeno Oatmeal bath soak to help relieve the itching, or take a cool shower with a tea tree oil bath wash. They help somewhat, and briefly. I take an antihistimine when the itching gets bad, and that lso helps some, plus I get some sleep then. So, bottom line, I'm doing I THINK just about everything I can do. Staying strong emotionally with this horrid nightmare is important, too. I can take the itching if I know the disgusting bugs are all dead. Just not sure they are. Many thanks for checking in. Emotional support is so helpful. If and when this finally ends, I fully intend to "pay it forward" and be supportive to anyone who suffers with this mess.

• Posted

hi Felicia i wanted to know if what you did worked for you ?

• Edited

I'm glad you've got rid of the scabies , I've got scabies myself really bad i mean i feel them All over , scalp, neck , private parts , back ,i mean everywhere they're driving me freaking Krazy , i went to My doctor he prescribed me ivermectin , I'm on my fourth day And feels like it got worse,I feel more than before , they say that that's okay , that they gonna get worse And then get better , i pray to God that this works if it doesn't then i don't know what else to do ,. sometimes i feel like freaking killing myself And get it over with. this s**t it's not a joke it's the first time I'm going trough this band I'm about to lose my mind ! heelp!!

• Posted

i feel your pain, i have post sleep so badly and im studying to bee a doctor and some days i dont feel like going in cause my sleep has been disturbed and i itch so much!

youre not alone in this and i hope you get well

• Posted

hi barabara, im so sorry to hear about your story and hope all is well. i have a similar story where i had severe itching and my friends all noticed. my GP who i went to intially said it was urticaria and gave my fexofenadine. this wasnt working and it was really bad such that i had to miss university due to lack of sleep.

i then noticed spots in my genital region and decided to ring my GP and they did a phone consultation and prescribed me steroids.

These spots and itching just would not go so i rang them again ans this time they suggested i go to the sexual health clinic, the doctors there were so lovely and gave me lots of permetherin cream for a dose today and a dose in a week.

you just have to be vigilant of what you come into contact with and i pray youre well now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.