I feel like a failure and I'm going nowhere

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm currently a grade 12 student in high school and I feel like I'm worth nothing.  I don't have a job despite my friends and family telling me to get one, my grades are rarely ever above a C and my mom only expects A's and lately everyone is telling me that I'm always grumpy and I can visibly see them drifting away because of it.  I just feel like I'm going nowhere in life and that once high school is over I'll just die alone in some alleyway or something because I'm useless and don't have a job

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Think positive.. Everyone has their own problems. You should try to prove yourself. No one is born without talent. Likewise you'll have an inborn talent.. Try to find it out.. May be after somedays you may become a great personality.. Don't have inferiority complex with yourselves.. If you don't have a good opinion with yourself then who will have a good impression on you?? So please be confident on yourself. You have only one life.. Try to utilise it. Achieve something.. After completing your high school I should get a good news from you.. Keep calm and concentrate in your studies now.. All the best for your future..

• Posted

You are not a failure! You can be whatever or whomever you want to be!  One good thing, you are feeling you want to be better in life so try to understand it can happen! I am going through a rough patch right now and I would like to feel better about my life too! We both need to hang in there, better days are coming!
  • Posted

Hello jon

It sounds your Parents are pushing you and that is counterproductive and making you feel stressed. When I was a kid like you I was on a Scientific Engineer course and my Parents used to push me for high results, this had a negative effect on my examinations and the more they pushed the worse my results. That was the beginning of a stressful period in my life and I left Tech College. It was the wrong training for me. My Parents were wanting the best for me, that was counterproductive.

All I can really suggest is you talk to your GP, I would possibly imagine meds will not be given although some CBT may be a way forward.

What we all need to understand we are all different and so is our outlook in life.

You will hopfully find a way forward with something you wish to do. You need to remember the Job you take on in life could be the work you will carry on for the rest of your life. Be positive you will choose well

BOB

• Posted

Get a job.
    • Posted

Generally that can be part of the problem. The fact that you cannot get a job can make matters worse.

Sometimes carrots and sticks do not work and the person needs confidence within themselves.

• Posted

Any job is a good job if it makes you a member of the work world
    • Posted

That depentnds on the environment and the company you work with.

Depressive illness needs an understanding of the persons needs.

Many people with some depressions make good consistant workers.

The Employer is rewarded with a very honest worker, with understanding

• Posted

Hi Jon,

Any change in the way you are feeling? It seems like you are feeling the pressure from all sides at the moment so anything you can do to relax and feel better about yourself would be good. Keep in touch with the forum if you need somewhere to vent and unload. Please don't give up on yourself - you have so much potential. Thoughts about the future can be a bit scary but once you find your niche in life, things can look a lot more positive. Take care buddy. Always try to think the best of yourself and others in your life :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.