I feel so weird right now.....kinda scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

Lately my mind feels like it's been going 100miles a minute and I feel like I'm going insane. I feel so detached from myself, I'm getting lethargic, my heart is pounding. Nauseous. Headache. My mind keeps repeating songs over and over too. This always has happened to me sometimes.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dont do singing songs but i do find my repeating phrases over and over. Is there particular song you are repeating and if so do you know the reason? The phrases that i repeat to myself are what is know as safety behaviour. It is something im doing to protect myself but if im doing that then im not allowing myself to fully focus and get through the anxiety.

• Posted

They're just any songs but they'll replay in my head, and when it happens I freak out thinking something is wrong or that I'm going insane and then I try really hard to stop them from replaying which makes it 100x worse. This has happened before... It only happens when my anxiety is bad. I know that it's just some kind of weird coping mechanism but it doesn't really help me cope just freaks me out more.
  • Posted

I have the SAME THING happen to me when I'm having a panic attack. Repeating thoughts..songs stuck in my head..that kinda thing.
    • Posted

They make me feel like I'm going to go insane. Sometimes I can't slow it down at all.
    • Posted

I know right? Have you ever found yourself talking to yourself during one of these episodes, then feel even crazier? Cause I do that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.