I found some help for my trigeminal neuralgia

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed just 6 months ago. I was standing in my kitchen, took a breath thru my nose and fell to the floor with such pain I've never experienced. They thought I had an aneurysm. I couldn't touch my left temple without triggering the pain.

The pain ran down my left side of face, my teeth & jaw. I suffer from migraines but this was nothing I've ever felt before. After seeing dentists, primary doctor,I was sent to my Neurologist. After MRI & other testing I was diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia.

I've suffered from so many attacks that I found myself feeling hopeless & afraid of losing my job. I'm taking 500MG of

Carbamazepine & 25MG of Nortriptyline. I still have attacks but I am using

Something called Val's. It's a balm which is 4,000 MG of THC & 1,000 MG of CBD.

Every night I rub it on the left side of my face & it's helped reduce the number of

attacks I have & reduced the severity of my attacks. I carry it in my purse & sleep

with it next to me. If an attack comes on I just reach for it, rub it on the left

Side of my face & I get relief. Fortunately I live in CA so I can easily buy it. This

Product has helped me so much I swear by it.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for that info and glad it's working for you. I have only read about another patient who smoked the Jane in order to get releif. Does the balm have the same effect as the joint.  I too suffered from TN for 1.5 years before having to go through MVD 10 months ago.  Pain is gone for now but other side effects from nerve damage continue. There was a time i wished i was in CA

• Posted

This balm will not get you high. It will help with your pain when you rub

on the area needed. If not available you might try coconut oil with cayenne pepper.

Mix coconut oil with cayenne pepper and let it sit for a while. I do one day. The

Mixture will be hot when applying so be careful not to get it near your

Eyes. So sorry you have this. My heart goes out to you. I'm fighting

& trying to do everything possible without having the surgery.

• Posted

This will not get you high. This will help with your pain when rubbed on the area you need

it. Since you can't get it, you might try coconut oil with cayenne pepper.

Mix coconut oil with cayenne pepper and let it sit for at least a day, then rub it on. Please

Be careful do not get this close to your eyes.

I'm so trying to fight the surgery my doc said I will be facing. My heart goes out to you &,

hope you can find some relief.

• Posted

I beleive your cabmazopane can be doubled in dose if need be,i have a friend that did well on 800 mg,however later,it did not work well,upping the med above that dose had bad side affects and she opted for a very non invasive procedure called cyberer knife,despite the name,it involves no cutting videos are on you tube showing the procedure, she currently has no pain and her meds are now being reduced gradually Xx
    • Posted

I take 1600gms of Carbamazepine divided into 4 doses through

the day and 100gms of Amitriptyline at night. I can't bear to touch

my face to rub anything into it, so I don't think this solution would

help me, but I'm happy to hear it does help some.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.