I get Deja Vu, followed by headaches??

Posted , 4 users are following.

((SOrry if this is the wrong place to post!!))

For about 10 years I've been getting these random clusters of deja vu, followed by headaches and nausea. The individual headaches can last between 2 minutes to several hours depending on severity. Typically it happens a handful of times a day, for up to a week, once a month (usually as a precursor to my period). I also get feelings of anxiety (and that feeling like your heart... drops? like you're on a rollercoaster(?)).

I can't really focus, think, read, write, or speak (coherently) while it happens, and afterwards I have "blurry" memory.

Rarely I get the deja vu feeling, without the headaches and nausea, but I start to get really anxious and fearful. I can't sit still so I'll walk around the house, or try to sleep.

Because of reasons I do not wish to disclose, it's difficult for me to regularly see health care professionals.

I don't know how to end this.... Thank you for reading. If you have any similar experience, would you please lend some advice on who to see/what to read for information??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This all sounds a lot like you are having seizures without being fully aware of it... cant focus, think, read, write.

all of this is consistent with having seizures... so it may be good idea to tall to your GP and get referred a neurologist and occupational therapist

• Posted

Hello Michelleo,

There is something a mist with your nervous system . Sounds like a form of seizure. The deja vu feelings, maybe a surreal feeling such like a aura that can happen before a episode or on it's own and can be a part of the beginning of a seizure . People get different warnings such as a whole range of feelings, visual etc...a bit of time to lay down in a safe position. At the end of the day you need to see a professional about it. You need help to understand why this is happening to you. Myself I have suffered for 6 years now. I am finally on medication to control, manage my seizures. I care.

• Posted

Hi i can relate. I get deja vu and headaches and aura, feeling fearful, sometimes i remember the whole thing sometimes...my brain resets. ill lose my train of thought. all the same things.

My situation was nerve damage from a bad car accident causing tiny seizures. Definitely think you should ask to be referred to a neurologist.

If its helpful, gabapentin is what i was prescribed and it helps tremendously.

Best of luck to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.