I had an allergic reaction...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Last night I ate a huge chunk of pineappple, i didn't think anything would happen because whenever I eat tiny bits I'm fine- when I ate this large chunk, my face got all scratchy and a rash.. then my face looked swollen along with my lips and they began to get dry, I then started to get dizzy although I thought it was my vertigo but I really disoriented and felt like throwing up all while not being able to breathe. I told my mum and she told me to just sleep, its the next morning and I'm hoarse and a bit dizzy still- what should I do? She claims I do not need a doctor and I'll be fine

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Abbey! Look, I would advise you to see a doctor because allergic crises can be very dangerous. In my opinion, you should at least have taken a doctor-prescribed antiallergic before going to bed. I don't know how you are feeling right now, but don't neglect an allergic reaction. In any case, the next time you go to the doctor, tell him/her about this episode.

• Posted

Yeah she is right! You should immediately consult a doctor if the problem is severe and being allergic to some foods you should always keep in mind to avoid them, they will only harm your health.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.