I had been on duloxetiene for about 5 years and it wasn’t working so the doctor switched me

Posted , 1 user is following.

The doctor switched me from duloxetiene 30mg to Seetraline 25mg for a week and then to 50mg which ive been on about 4 weeks but i feel terrible. I feel like i want to cry and like i have an adrenin rush. Im scared and get bad tension headaches. shoukd i be feeling better by now? I keep googling and i read that you shoukd wean off duloxetiene gradually, but my doctor said it was ok to switch. Then i read that if you switch you will get withdrawal and side affects . It didnt say what to do if thats the case though. I feel like im doubting the doctor.

Will i gradually get better if i persevere? I dont like this awful sad feeling and racing inside. Feel like im going mad. Im 51 , and also wonder if its perimenopause although i take 2 pumps of orstrogel a day but not helping. Christmas tomorrow anx i wanted to enjoy it. Can anyone help?

Thank you

Emma

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.