I HAD MY GLAND REMOVED DUE TO STONES IN MY GLAND

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my gland removed due to stones in my gland I had them like 2 years and kept getting infections in my gland. I had pain and swelling every time I ate. My Doctor kept putting me on antibiotics which was a band aid . I finally got my gland removed back in November 2019. because it was full of stones. They kept accumulating in the gland. I was advised that the whole gland had to be removed because if not The next time I could get cyst in the gland. Also could come back as cancer I did get a 2nd opinion before surgery. I did alot research on the surgery. My doctor in S.I was the only Doctor in New York that inserts a drain. The only other Place that does that is the U.K. I read alot of post on forums of people having alot of problems due to no drain. Well anyway after surgery I had alot of imflamation I went back and forth to my doctor to be checked almost 2 weeks later I knew something was wrong because I still had alot of pain n swelling so I went to the ER and ended up having a bad infection during to the inflammation they said I was in the hospital 4 days on heavy antibiotics and pain med. Thry did another scan and it turned out the stone in my duct wasn't removed and also showed another stone in my mouth I had an office procedure done last week but my doctor didnt know that the stones were so deep and he couldnt get them out So now I'm having another surgery Jan 28th. I still have pain in my mouth when I eat or drink. and the pain in my ear is back once again. My neck is is swollen under my chin still till those 2 stones come out I strongly recommend to anyone having problems dont wait too long to get the gland removed I did and ended up with a cyst that burst when my doctor opened me and my vein started bleeding and wouldn't stop which I think made my oxygen level go very low during surgery. U will have pain after surgery and pain in your ear and pain in the face which is the nerves coming back to life numbness on tour bottom lip which will all go away in time This surgery is a very delicate surgery. Also make sure u go home with pain meds because will need them . Also my doctor gave me a low dosage of nerve med for the nerve pain in my face it helped alot. my incision looks good no hard lumps at all bc I had the drainage. Make sure u get the drainage i had it for 2 days and then had it taken out by my doctor If anyone has any questions I would be happy to help Hope my post helps anyone who needs answers

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Fyi until u have the surgery Sugar free lemon drops helped produce some saliva

After surgery warm compresses helped me with the swelling I still had some swelling but once those 2 stones come out of my mouth one I. my duct I'm sure it will go away Also do not put anything on the incision as I was told It will cause an infection after surgery let it completely heal first

• Posted

I just had my submandibular gland removed two weeks ago. I was told recovery was 1-2 weeks for a full recovery but i dont feel anywhere close to that. my jaw line under my chin is firm and still super swollen & hurts to even touch it. It still hurts to eat or drink, especially the floor of my mouth where there they removed a cyst that had formed. In october i had surgery to remove a stone, but it didnt resolve anything which is why the gland was removed. I am so tired and frustrated and just this to be resolved. ive called my ENT several times because i feel like something else could be going on but they just tell me they think its normal.

im exhausted and unable to do much of anything because im so tired and in so much pain! what should i do? does anyone have a similar experience?

• Posted

hi rose so i'm getting face, neck, pain from my ears down & back of neck pain to & feels so tight i also have a lymph node come up on my shoulder that hurts its been horrible the other issues is wanting to keep swallowing feels like lack of fluid inside my mouth 😦 worrying me senseless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.