I had UFE done month ago !

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my UFE done a month ago and I got it done the day I started my period, I stayed the night in the hospital due to feeling the pain during my procedure. My bleeding was not too bad, but it was still kind of heavy a month later started my period a week prior to my original. It was only spotting, then it went to spotty to the most heavy flow I have ever experienced and it is so painful. I have read all of the blogs and posts from all the women that had underwent the UFE procedure. Frankly, I am super worried and I’m not sure how to cope. I had to contact my sister today because this week is the first week I have been back at work I had to takeoff one month because my recovery period took a very long time, like I said I had to make contact with my sister to bring me new pants and new sanitary, napkins and tampons because I had used all the ones that I have brought with me today . I have never had a period this heavy before I did however, have to receive iron infusions for two years because the doctors could not figure out why I was bleeding so much and then they finally decided to give me an MRI and that’s when they discovered my fibroids! I am 35 and I don’t have any children. It was the most nerve-racking experience I had to deal with. Please tell me there’s hope on the other side.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hello.. how are you doing now? i am 3 weeks post ufe and spotted for 2 weeks since 2 days after ufe. and have been bleeding heavy with a lot of clots for a week now

• Posted

Hi, had my UFE 6 months ago. After the second day I was bleeding-sporting constantly for 3 weeks, passing clots etc. Then my normal period came and it was literally the heaviest period i ever had.

Next 1-2 periods were heavy but better , and gradually they got better. I had an intramural fibroid 13cm and another one around 4cm.

Before the procedure my period lasted 20 days, now I am clean the 9th day.

In 2 weeks I have my follow-up MRI.

Be patient , it takes some time to see the results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.