I have a wierd medical Illness

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the last seven years I've had this illness, where I have pressure in my head, with dizziness. my stomach feels upset not really sick just upset, I also feel weak like I've lost a lot of blood.

This illness comes on all of the sudden, meaning I'll go for a little while and feel just fine, and then bam I'm sick with this, it can last anywhere from a few days to a few months I'm just miserable. I can't hold a job because this just takes me out. I've had tons of blood tests CBC, metabolic, Lupus, thyroid, liver you name it I've had it done. more than once too I've had CT scans and MRI done on my head chest abdomen and pelvis. I've been to lots of doctors. I had an Angiogram done passed with flying colors. I've had a lung function test. Doc didn't see anything wrong. Doctors are at a loss as to what's wrong with me. My blood pressure is elevated somthimes when i'm like this. If there is anyone out there that has any ideas please, i'm listening. As I write this I feel awful. Oh I don't have a history of high blood pressure. I'm a 43 yr old male.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

PSS I also don't smoke, drink or do drugs. I am overweight which I'm working on when i'm able to.

• Edited

I can only think of two options

Labyrinthitis or something similar. have you seen an ENT consultant?

Alternatively.....

Have you considered depression? Do you have a dead end job that you really dont enjoy? or some other stressful thing in your life that seems to have no answer or way out? Is there something thats nagging away at you in the back of your mind?

Would some sort of talking therapy help you?

• Posted

I am currently seeing an ENT for reoccurring Nasal Polyps. I am seeing a Therapist for Depression. I am not on any medication at the moment. I just got approved for Dupixant to help with the Nasal Polyps. I have had my ears checked but the ENT didn't see anything. I've had 2 Sinus Surgeries. I've dealt with depression for 20 years. I'm thinking that whatever this ilness is, is not related to either one of these issues, but thank you for you input. I just don't understand the feeling weak part.

• Edited

Feeling weak can be part of depression. Depression can manifest itself in physical symptoms.

• Posted

I've dealt with Depression for 20 years, but I've only had this illness for 8 years. Thank you for your input again. I will ask my therapist about it when I see her next.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.