I have an undiagnosed urethral infection; chlamydia, gonorrhoea, TB, mycloplasma all negative

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am quite worried as I am experiecing symptoms that so far 5 doctors from various clinics have not yet been able to diagnose yet alone treat. Symptoms first occured around 3 weeks after having unprotected sex with a female.

Symptoms:

- Pain/stinging when urinating

- Itchy/inflamed tip of penis

- Creamy white discharge from penis (NOT from under the foreskin but from the 'hole' especially in the mornings)

- (No swollen lymph nodes, testicles are not swollen or painful)

Treatment failures so far (in order)

1. Doxycycline - 7 day course

2. Azithromycin - x2 500mg at once

3. Azithromycin - extended course x1 500mg, followed by x1 250mg once a day for 4 days + Metronidazole 400mg x1 a day for 7 days

4. Moxifloxacin - 10 day course (unsure of dosage)

The only treatmnts had hadany noticeable affect were Azithromicin extended course and Moxifloxacin. They removed symptoms for approximatley 2/3 weeks which, correct me if i'm wrong, indicates to me the infection has a slow reproduction rate.

- After believing the 3rd course had treated my symptoms, I then had unprotected sex with a regular female partner. She then began to experience symptoms after 3/4 weeks. Symptoms were an itching and slighly inflamed vagina, pain when urinating, and discharge.

Each of the prescriptions were prescribed without a confirmed diagnosis. The most recent course of Moxifloxacin I have finished was for mycoplasma genitalium, although the tests came back negative. However, after a few days of taking these antibiotics, the tip of my penis started to itch and was even more red. When I went back to the clinic, the doctor said this whole time it has been Thrush and prescribed me a tablet + cream. I then later read that anti biotocs can cause thrush, and therefore my original problem has not been taken care of.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Even just knowing what I have would really improve my outlook on this situation.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You could have Herpes, Most clinics dont test for herpes unless you ask or pay them for it. The tests for all the other STDS/STIs are free. But even if you have herpes dont worry, I know its better to not have it. At least youre not gona die and y ou dont really need to take medicine for it.
    • Posted

Hello, I have been examined by various doctors and none have said it is Herpes. Judging by my symptoms and the fact I do not have sores/scabs it seems unlikely. 
  • Posted

I'm not trying to tell you what to do. I'm suffering, urban suffering. Leave the sex alone. When it's time, relationships will come. Pray to God because we are all sinners, he can heal us, belive have faith and study his word please

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.