i have been on gaberpentin since 18th February for leg pain but they are not helping and every time

Posted , 4 users are following.

Gaberpentin not helping

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I was taking itbforcarthritis in my neck and sciatica, worked fine was taking 300mg twice a day,it was supposed to be 3 times a day but made me sleepy and had to drive, however twice a day was fine 2 years ago I also developed trigeminal neuralgia so they kept me on gabapentin, as it worked for all and did, until the other day I had a big flare up and it wasn't working my doctor has now increased the dose to 400mg 3 or 4 times a day dependant on pain. It works maybe you need your dosage adjusting it is a good medication 
  • Posted

Angela go back see your GP tell him it's not workings see if he will Increase give it chance x
    • Posted

Hi Karen thanx for replying but I need something that works now not in 4-6 weeks I cant sleep much and I'm crying in in so much pain
  • Posted

My dr always says may take 4 to 6 weeks to see results.
    • Posted

Have to agree with you. When it settles into your system works well. Yes there is drowsiness but as long as you are aware of this its manageable. I'm reducing down now. Only at 100mg per week.
    • Posted

I will be reducing mine when this TN flare uP calms down the increase gabapentin makes me drowsy where I was fine I suppose it will be ok when this gets into my system
    • Posted

Hi Anthony thanx for replying I can't be in the pain I'm in by keep uping doses I need something that works now I'm in so much pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.