I have discomfort and pain in both feet especially my right foot

Posted , 4 users are following.

This appears to have got worse in the past year, It gets worse in evenings if I have been on my feet a lot that day, the pain and a "pulling" sensation is felt when I wiggle my toes especially the large toe which also has a numb feeling on the skin surface, my feet vary from being cold to uncomfortably hot, could this be a circulation problem? I am 70 years old and quite active  

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi John

This could be a number of things. You really need to get it checked out in order to curtail the signs and symptoms.

. Have you got diabetes or a vit B12 deficiency.

Are you anaemic?

Are you on any medication that can cause perpheral neuropathy?

Have you got any back problems such as slipped disc, trapped nerve, 

Have you got any spasms or suffer with plantar  faciitis?

I find it is preferable to check this out rather than to ignore it.

Fellow sufferer.

Jean 

• Posted

Thanks for that Jean, I have made an appointment with the Doc.

• Posted

I have a similar problem, I always say that it feels like my toes are being strangled, the sensation under the balls of my feet feels like I am wearing crumpled socks. it has been complicated lately by a ruptured achiles tendon, however I ihave been tested several time for diabetes, had nerve conduction tests but still no further forward, I am 67 years young and fairly active.
    • Posted

Hi Brian

I was interested in your posting because I suffer in a similar fashion. I feel that you should question the possibility of medication in particular the fluoroquinolones of damagingn your muscles/achiles tendon. There is a website called Floxiehope and another one about antibiotic toxicity.

Statins and anti epileptic drugs as well as the PPI's such as pantoprazole can cause your signs and symptoms. 

Hope this helps.

Jean

• Posted

Hi Jean, Thanks for the reply, I haven't had to my knowledge had any of the for mentioned, however I was treated for Tendonitus in the RAF caused by wearing Para boots and had several injections into both heels but the majority were into my left heel which is the tendon that has ruptured, I was never told exactly what the injections were but I did have gold injection, which seemed to finally help with the problem, although I was an engineer in the RAF the biggest part of my career was with the Regiment which meant Battle fitness tests, daily training runs in full kit, log runs and monthly combat course runs, Para boots had a habit of bending inwards in the Achiles tendon area which caused continuous pressure on the tendon causing a lot of people to suffer from tendonitus to which the gunners where usualy told Put up and shut up!

I wonder now how many were crippled by the cavalier attitude of those in charge.

• Posted

Hi John

I see that someone has already suggested that you consider whether or not you have taken any antibiotic in the Fluoriquinolone class. The symptoms you describe seem very familiar.

I would also suggest that if this is the case and these Adverse Reactions can be delayed by weeks, months, even a year, that because there are many different conversations here on this subject, people are responding to posts written over a year ago, by people who are no longer active on this forum.

I am committed to trying to bring all Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome sufferers together on this site.

So if you think this could be the root of your problems, please could you post again at the end of the conversation begun by Sarah 3045 " Symptoms started appearing 1 month ago after taking antibiotics and it is progressive"?Others in that conversation will be alerted to your post.

My story is there and in many other threads too. I posted all over the site a while ago, to try and 'catch' people. I was 'Floxed' (the term we use to describe those suffering from Fluoriquinolone Toxicity Syndrome (FQT) 2 years ago and have gone from being completely bedridden for 6 months to about 70 - 80% recovered now and I have spent countless hours researching these dangerous antibiotics.

Could anyone else suffering from FQT also post there, please? This is a nightmare of a site to negotiate and people are getting 'lost' all the time!

Best wishes to everyone

Plodding on

• Posted

Hi Ploddington and John

i suffered antibiotic toxicity in December 2013 following a few days to taking three different antibiotics at once all containing penicillin.

I will never forget the experoience of waking up with my legs feeling very cold and very heavy and I felt as though I would never walk again. It was a terrifying experience. I forced myself out of bed and started to walk allbeit I was falling about all over the place.

I feel very angry at the dr who prescribed thse antibiotics without benefit of any blood tests or x rays etc to confirm his ill founded second guess 'diagnosis' of pleurisy.

If you could possibly PM me I can give you more information. I have never been able to PM anyone . 

Jean

• Posted

Hi Ploddingon/Jean,

Instead of posting very long and repetitive posts in multiple discussions like this can I suggest options.

Use the link below to direct users to the specific discussion you keep mentioning. This will not go for moderation as it is in house and saves users hunting around for it.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/symptoms-started-appearing-1-months-after-taking-antibiotics-and-it-is-progressive-284970

Alternatively if you want to start a new discussion bringing users together in the group here

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/fluoroquinolone-antibiotics-2635

I can "pin" it so it stays at the top of that page so new users will see it when visiting the group. This can include links to floxiehope, MHRA etc so everything is in one place. Then you can post the links to this discussion in other discussions. It save having to post the same comments over and over again.

There is also an FAQ section at the foot of every page with details of how to contact me etc if you are having issues navigating or using the site.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Hi Alan

Thank you for this. It will make life on this forum much easier :-) To have the relevant links pinned too, will be great; just what we've needed.

I sent feedback a long time ago about the way in which parent posts  are shown to have a certain number of replie, whereas in reality they have perhaps treble the amount. It would be good if you could find a way to stop people responding to a post written over a year ago but to scroll down and respond to a more recent comment. The 'reply to...,' button and the other icons at the bottom of each post are almost invisible, being grey and white; they look like they don't work.

Your help is much appreciated; thanks again.

Plodding on

• Posted

Ok, I'll create a new discussion when I get time and send it to you via private message to view/edit before posting if you like?

Re the feedback, I'll check but the number of replies should be correct. We can't stop people replying to old posts, in some cases this does reactivate discussions and may be useful in some groups. It is the nature of forums that this will happen.

The Reply buttons do change to green when hovered over but I'll pass this one on.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Alan, I meant to explain better! Can the number of responses to a parent post please be accurate and reflect the total number of comments on that thread? Often in the weekly summary I receive, it looks as if these threads are barely active.

Plodding on

• Posted

That would be great Alan; thanks.

I understand that you can't stop people responding to 'old' parent posts but it's the TOTAL number of comments on that thread, that needs to be shown IMO  and they aren't.

Plodding on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.