I have fatty deposits & swelling around my neck and collarbone

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, i am hoping that i may get some help here as my GP is so uninterested in trying to help me. In feb 2021 i started developing a rash that started under one arm then over the course of a few weeks spread over most of my body, my GP diagnosed an allergic reaction and gave me treatment (didn't help) 2nd visit i was told a fungal infection, same story, then she even said i had scabies at one point, then viral infection etc etc. All treatments failed and was no help over than relieve the crazy itching, as the rash started to go approx 8 weeks later i started getting pain and swelling in my joints and my limbs were filling with fluid (around 2kgs extra weight at the end of each day)

I noticed after about 12 weeks that the glands above my collarbone and around my thyroid area had started to swell up quite considerably so went back to the GP again, she arranged an ultrasound scan and all i was told was that there was no further investigation needed as the swelling was just fatty deposits but didnt know why, i have had numerous blood tests, been referred for xrays and to Rheumatology. Since then i still have no answer, i have had a cortisol blood test done when i was told was not concerning and no further investigation needed but i really am at the end of my tether, i have seen 3 different GP's at my surgery and none of them seem to want to help me and find out why i am having these issues, the collarbone swelling and around my neck is very visible and makes me self conscious i am usually healthy, in the gym 4-5 days a week and havent had a cold for at least 5 years but since 2021 its been one issue after another, i now over the last couple of weeks have had very painful lumpy swollen breasts, another lump has come up in my forearm, just above the elbow joint, i am tired all the time and just have no energy or motivation to do anything. My hope is that someone here has maybe had similar issues as me and can help me out somewhat with some advice or some idea what i can ask my doctor to check.......

Apologies for the wall of text, please help 😦

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.