i have had a frozen shoulder for about 1 year now, i hav...

Posted , 7 users are following.

i have had a frozen shoulder for about 1 year now, i have had 1 steroid injection, but it did not work.i have not had 1 full nights sleep since it happened, i think i injured it in my sleep as i like to sleep with my head on my arms.i would love to know what to do as i have tried gentle excercise, but the pain is so bad i feel so sickly

chris

[i:419ca8133e]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:419ca8133e]

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I fully sympathise with Chris - I, too, have not slept for a full night for months - and am also in such sickly pain. The good news is that I have had this before and it does go!! I use a TENS machine - it does help.

[i:5ed26ad1de]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:5ed26ad1de]

• Posted

I found this comment particularly useful. I wasn't sure if I could use a TENS machine or not so I'll give it a go. Just been diagnosed with a frozen shoulder. The pain is not too bad - just a constant ache. I too have difficulty sleeping but I've found that resting my affected shoulder, face down, over the biggest, fattest pillow I can find helps.

Linda:

[i:56dcec5927]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:56dcec5927]

• Posted

Add me to the list.

I liked it so much the first time, I thought I'd try it on the other side. Grrrrr!

With the first one, I had two shots of Cortisone? and the second one really seemed to make the difference.

I also found locking my elbow in position in the shower soap dish? and using the shower, and my body to work stretch with hot water on the joint seemed to help.

It's too bad the doctors seem to know so little about cause and effective treatment.

My first shoulder while better probably will never be back to normal.

It seems like and infection to my.

Hope this helps,

Sincerely,

Jim

[i:2d454d148b]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:2d454d148b]

• Posted

I'm from Vancouver, B. C.

I have the adhesive capsulitis since one year, but I don't sleep and the pain is getting worse

since 4 months. I tried physio, interferential current (was good for the pain but gave me arithmia so I had to stop) massage, chiropractor. Sometime I'm really depressed too and frustrated because I don't see the end of this. I can't stay in front of the computer too much because it causes more pain to my left arm

They gave me Celebrex, didn't work. Tried tylenol3 twice: two hours of relief then a lot of bad side effect from codeine for two days. Do you know if there is a forum to talk to other patients in NorthAmerica? Anybody knows or tried Serrapeptase?

I would like to talk and find out why and what could help everybody and not only to be a waste of time and money

Thanks to who starts this list: at least I don't feel too lonely

Hope to hear back from you

Annabella

[i:c0964a1679]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:c0964a1679]

• Posted

Totally sypathise with all comments, I'm now on my second side 1st was my left, now on the right.Haven't completely got back full use of the left shoulder & doctor says it's unlucky to get it back on the other side.I've also tried "Tens", "Herbal Heat Pack", Frozen packs of peas & maximum strength Nurofen gel(which does bring instant relief for a minute or two).The only thing I can say to you all is there is definitely an end to it-how long? how long is a piece of string.

Regards and hope we all have a pain free 2006

Pete

[i:ada8c80485]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:ada8c80485]

• Posted

Something which gives some temporary relief is a blue gel I got from my chiropractor but its rather expensive about £8 tube and not available on prescription. BIOFREEZE has no smell.:D

[i:d16931a309]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d16931a309]

• Posted

I had a frozen shoulder in 2000, I was agony, there are not words to describe the pain. Accupuncture did reduce the pain but only for a short time. Cortisone didn't work and the anti-inflamitorys left me with a digestive probem, I have to to take zoton every day now.

I found a clinic in London that has developed a treatment, its been tested by Addenbrookes as does what is says - it cures your frozen shoulder.

Last year my other arm froze, I am back at the frozen shoulder clinic but this time I know there's light at the end of the tunnel, instead of 2 or 3 years the estimation is thatI will be OK in 7 or 8 months, and my GP wants to know how I get on.

My husband bought the books, read up on the treatment and his help has probably halfed the time I will be ill (according to the doc).

Is the treatment painfull? yes very - but its worth it.

[i:b6b598a396]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:b6b598a396]

• Posted

I also was diagnosed with frozen shoulder and am planning on trying accupuncture tonight. I have a very limited motion over my head and when I put my arm behind my back. I can barely get shirts over my head without help. I get shooting pains down my left arm when I extend my arm fully. I can't even put my seatbelt on with my left arm. My shoulder gets very hot on the left side and hurts when I gently rub it. I don't know if I am diagnosed correctly because my left pinky feels bruised at night and does not bend easily at night. All my problems started with two bad back molars. It started the day I had a root canal. My root canal tooth is crowned but still hurts at night. I am getting the tooth pulled out Friday because the Root Canal Cover Up research on the internet suggests my problems are due to an infection in the root canal tooth. I can't wait to get the tooth out!!! I hope all of you get rid of your frozen shoulder problems. I hate having a painful arm and shoulder on the left side. Maybe you all had bad root canal teeth too. Check your teeth they may be the root of your problems. Good luck to all. My prayers are with all of you and my best wishes. Jeannie:roll:

[i:409f7ef9ea]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:409f7ef9ea]

• Posted

can you post a follow up after your dental procedure and let us know if it cured the frozen shoulder or not.

• Posted

I have had a frozen shoulder for 3 weeks now. I tried to put up with the pain but became terribly depressed so went to the docs. I was advised anti-inflamatory pills for 2 weeks or 2 injections into the shoulder which I was told will be painful but I will receive instant relief. Being a chicken I opted for the former so called cure. I have taken 3 tablets a day for 5 days now and although it is easier I am running out of clothes that do up at the front as I cannot lift my shoulder/arm to put t-shirts etc on. Not only that I am left only being able to shave under one arm!!! Urgh. Anyone taken anti-inflamatories and have they worked for them? Susie:o

[i:d62d3e798f]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d62d3e798f]

• Posted

I've just started accupuncture treatment today. Seems to already have eased it a bit. Anyone else tried this?

[i:c6b2326cbb]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:c6b2326cbb]

• Posted

I am so glad I found this site, I thought or felt like i was the only one that suffered. The pain from this condition is so agonising. I am now at the stage where I can't even put my hair up properly as I can't reach that high. I have had a cortisone to no avail and have just had my second session of physio, I know it's still early days but I am hopeful now that I have read some of these comments. Does anyone get pain in their thumb aswell?
  • Posted

Being a nurse I knew what I had as soon as the pain and the limitation of movement came on. I started to take Ibuprofen 400mg three times aday, with some success but I will go to my GP for the injection as I find the pain inhibiting for my job. I sleep fine but it does wake me up if I place my arm in awkward position. The idea of having this for the next couple of years fills me with dread.
  • Posted

[quote=\"A.S\"] I was struck by the JB reply. My frozen shoulder condition also co-incided with a bout of successive tooth infections culminating in an extraction and these problems still ongoing in another tooth in which a root canal filling has been recommended. I thought the shoulder problems had been precipotatd by a bout of very strenuous use of my left shoulder in April/ May while I was painting and decorating the house but as I have been using weights in the gym for many years I was puzzled at which my muscles should give out as I should have been fit enough to do this work with no problems. The tooth theory is very inetresting. Between my teeth and the shoulder I have not been free of pain for a year. It aches 24 hours a day. I cannot move my arm above my head or lift it sideways. My doctor has not precribed anything but I am about to start pysiotherapy next week. Ibropoven does not work. Paracetomol does not work. I have not had an unbroken night's sleep for over six months.
  • Posted

Hi Chris,

Im in the same boat.

Sharon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.