I have Hs. what should I do?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 19 and I just found out I have Hidradenitis Suppurative. It causes me alot of pain. Right now I have and open sore under my arm. The sore has been leaking and open for about 2 weeks. The sore also has an very bad smell to it. I was wondering what should I do?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

All can I said to you dear It's a beginning for you so ago ahead and search Catherine 435 patient and try to follow her direction. I am also following her direction. For more info about this disease. Search paleo diet hs. Read about this disease and try to follow. Don't Loose hope. God Bless You

• Posted

One more thing don't think about surgery. My friends suggested me I am suggesting to you and Mention not its a patient duty

• Posted

Hmm for boils one member suggested me drink turmeric milk and apply turmeric paste on your boils. I hope it will work for you
    • Posted

I'm going to try it because the surgery is not an option for me right now.

• Posted

I agree surgery is not a solution.. It will generally come back in the neighbouring area, but if you have a persistent lesion/infection for years. It could be wearing down your immune system and if you get that one removed and adjust your eating habits it can help. I had a huge one for about 5 years (after a 20 year history of them coming and going from all areas) and only once it was removed could I get on top of it.
  • Posted

At 40 my conclusion is that it's 90% diet related. Nightshades, nuts, and some dairy (some cheeses).

Also get some clorhexadine wash for the shower. Use it lightly on the area and wash it off. Also some iodine povidine wipes and some bandages. When it's inflamed keep it covered and contain any of the exudate.

Don't spread it with your towel when drying off...

When it's at its best, keep the hair clear of the area... One hair in the wound can keep it infected.

The paleo diet (AIP) is good for identifying your food intolerances. You want to eat well, less processed foods and more whole foods, but you don't necessarily have to commit forever once you work out what triggers the inflammation (usually follows the trigger food by about 12 hrs). I cut out all the bad stuff for years until I worked out it was the good stuff like potato, chilli, paprika and nuts (with lots of dairy compounding it)

I eat very plainly vegies, chicken, rice, meat, fruit. Occasional burger or sandwich but I have to recognise all the ingredients before I touch it... One slip up and you have a lesion for a few weeks.

• Posted

wash area with hibiclens, it has helped me with the stinging and burning and smell, you can find it at walgreens or cvs. i use it everytime i shower.This will help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.