I have hsv 1 genitally but not sure if i have it orally as well, help me

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with hsv 1 on the genitals a few months ago. & I'm pretty sure I have in the mouth as well cause since my first genital outbreak my mouth has been feeling different. I gotan oral thrush a few days after my diagnosis and I told the doctor if it could be the same but they told me it wasn't herpes. I toook meds and it went away. haven't gotten a major outbreak in my mouth like my genitals but I've noticed that my taste buds on my tongue feel swollen. I look at my tongue and it looks normal to me but i can feel bumps. My tongue just feel rough from my taste buds but they don't hurt or anything. It just feel uncomfortable to me because I'm just thinking about it all the time. Has anyone had this problem? Or could I just be over thinking & not have it orally. confused

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Nothing to worry once consult a doctor
  • Posted

Hey. I have felt very similiar and have been really down. However, I've not had a single tingle or outbreak for over a month where I would be getting them constantly. After a lot of research I decided to try l-lysine and olive leaf extract capsules. Look them up and decide for yourself but ivd never been happier. Just a shame I waited 2 years to find about their benefits. Medicine that I was prescribed did very little, this however seems to keep all symptoms away. Best of luck x
  • Posted

Hey. I have felt very similiar and have been really down. However, I've not had a single tingle or outbreak for over a month where I would be getting them constantly. After a lot of research I decided to try l-lysine and olive leaf extract capsules. Look them up and decide for yourself but ivd never been happier. Just a shame I waited 2 years to find about their benefits. Medicine that I was prescribed did very little, this however seems to keep all symptoms away. Best of luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.