I have no emotional support in my family. Can someone give me some support, please?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm going to have a video consultation with my radiologist in regards to doing the uterine fibroid embolization procedure. They've already gotten MRIs and records in regards to my health. It's been an emotional time for because I'm constantly worried about being sent to the ER for another blood transfusion. My immediate family has been the opposite of supportive. What my parents like to do instead is complain about how much of inconvenience I am, even though I'm dealing iron deficiency anemia that's caused by the uterine fibroids. They've always been this way, which is why I never bother to tell them that I felt ill during my time in middle school and in high school. From their perspective, I'm just lazy. I feel so lonely on my recovery journey. What I really want is some emotional support.

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Please don't worry anything you have any questions about just ask. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.