I have recently had a angiogram which didn't show up any blockages but I do have to have a 24 hour m

Posted , 3 users are following.

monitor fitted.  In the past week I have woken up feeling strange like the blood is racing in my body, I have a temperature and my blood pressure is high I have to keept going to the toilet and my feet are freezing.  I have been to my GP and ANE who don't know what it could be.  Any ideas and would it be linked to the angiogram, the only time I feel like this is when I am in bed and wake up with strange feelings

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Margaret,

Not really enough information here.

Just wondering how recently you had the angiogram and why you had it. Particularly the latter, as these symptoms might possibly be linked to the underlying condition for which you were being investigated. And how high is your temperature? Also you don't say whether your meds have been changed recently (beta blockers come to mind) and why it is you have to keep going to the toilet. Is this because you're producing more urine or because your bladder is irritated? And what kind of strange feelings?

Do you want to share anything else?

• Posted

Hello Lily I had the angiogram last Wednesday and it was a follow up to a stress test that I didn't pass.  Yes I am on medication for high blood pressure, my bp changes often, sometimes its normal and sometimes very high all in the same day.  I get the strange feeling at night shortly after going to bed.  I'm not sure why I keep going to the toilet and also have a lot of wind.  Thanks for taking the time to write
    • Posted

Your BP medication could well be causing you to go to the toilet more often, especially if you're having to go because you're producing more urine than usual. And it could also cause the cold feet. It all depends on what type of medication it is - there are different kinds of BP meds that work in completely different ways. And as Bob says, the angiogram in itself is highly invasive.

If you carry on feeling strange, perhaps you should go back to your GP.

• Posted

Do you feel you need to stay sitting up in bed when you get these strange feelings rather than trying to lay down and go to sleep?

I got them once together with the toilet requirement - I looked it up and there was an explanation which put my mind at rest.

I have forgotten what it was but couldn't have been that important.

• Posted

Thanks Bob for taking the time to reply, yes you are right I do feel more secure sitting up in the bed when I get those funny turns. 
    • Posted

It is possible this may be an unusual heart rhythm which as I recollect is not unknown but could last for minutes or possibly hours to resolve. I couldn't put mine down to any particular event but you are right to suspect thay it may have been caused by your angiogram. It is an invasive procedure which is not completely without risk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.