I have stoped taking inderal 40 mg . what should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

After Stopping I am suffering from abdominal pain is it because of stopping the medicine

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Depends on how you stopped then, did you taper off them slowly over a few weeks/months or stop abruptly?
    • Posted

Yes I stopped them suddenly as I had severe back pain and had pain in my left hand just like someone is piercing with a sharp knife into my hand.
  • Posted

Hello Gandla71372,

I was on 80 mg inderalfor almost a year, which I gradually stopped. Your dosage isn't small too. So if you intend to stop taking an inderal just funnel it down to small dosage and gradually swize it the way it suits you.

Also it would be better if consult your doctor.. He can give a better opinion...

• Posted

Thanks for sharing this with me. Yes I stopped it suddenly this eas my mistake it has been three days I stopped taking the pills. Can I start taking them again with a small dosage.
  • Posted

Hi....

stomach pain/cramp is often a withdrawal symptom of abrupt or fast taper of medications, that should not be stopped suddenly..

Namste-Ingrid

• Posted

Yes you can start again and the wait a week or so before starting to reduce them slowly. If in doubt ask your nearest pharmacist

good luck

• Posted

Hi... use the lowest dose that stops the withdrawal symptoms.....

After a few days start a SLOW withdrawal, utilizing the liquid method I have placed here before...

I can re-write if you need..

Be well..

Namaste-Ingrid

• Posted

Namaste hi, thanks for the reply and your advice I am thinking of starting the medicine with a low dose. At first I started with 40 mg only inthe night before going to bed. I continued for four to five months dint have any side effects before. But suddenly since oneweek before I had severe back pain and and unbearable pain in my left hand. For which I had to stop the medicine suddenly. And had aside effect as said before. Yes I would be glad if you help me. Thankyou.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.