I have the dreaded c word, sick of the stick! 😠😥

Posted , 2 users are following.

i don't have life threatening c but you mention the other thing and you get a tonne of nastiness! can i check with those people who have had it, is there any vitamins etc that i will need to rebuild my system? i take vit c, vit d (both separately). can anyone tell me of any more that they can think of? does it have long lasting effects on your bowel/stomach? help, obviously never had this but people on here have most sense/knowledge! thanks hope everyone else is ok?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam

People with coeliac (and other gut issues or lung issues) don't absorb vitamin D as well as most folks. We need an extra high dose to maintain normal levels. I take 20,000iu a day. (compared to the usual 5,000 recommended). Also if you get glutened by mistake as I sadly have been from my sister's wedding at the weekend

😪 I take L glutamine to help the gut lining repair. (1 tsp in water daily for a few weeks). If you are particularly sensitive as I am..you may find avoiding all grains helps..I know this is hard but that is when I am at my best (as all contain their own type of gluten like protein..nowhere near as damaging as the usual suspects but still not ideal). I also take the usual immune boosting helpers..vitamin c, zinc, sometimes a full multivitamin (alive gummies from Holland and Barratt uk). I also follow a strict anti inflammatory diet and boost with extra anti inflammatories like ginger, turmeric. Hope this helps.

• Posted

hi suxitao, that's great info. luckily i am over covid so i am back to where i was. i will look out for the l glutamine and hopefully find a way to mend if i accidentally eat the wrong thing. hope you're ok now?

• Posted

Thanks Sam..I am still recovering..the being glutened at the wedding only happened on Saturday..but on the mend now thank you. I noticed on your posts that you are a vegetarian..you will have to check if the L glutamine is suitable...am not sure..I have my suspicions that it could be animal based.

• Edited

hi suzitao, i have just had a drink put with a friend of mine that had oatmilk in it. now what do i do? ii am really scared of what it will do, i normally never have oat milk! i was told it was possible it was cross-contaminated i am more cross about the lack of information, not anything else as i had already said i was coeliac! are people deaf? what part of coeliac diseaae do people not understand if you say i am coeliac! 😠😠😠

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.