I have these bumps all over my arms and legs, what should I do?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello! I'm a bit worried cause i have bumps like these all over my arms and legs. I'm worried because a lot of them suddenly popped up in very short period of time. They're not very itchy and I tried searching online but couldn't find what they're called. Any help would be appreciated

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think they are Keratosis pilaris, quite common and not harmful. You need to buy a soft body brush and wash yourself with unperfumed soap or shower gel using the brush to gently work up a lather on the bumps. Rinse well with cool water then use a moisturising body cream on the bumps. If you do this every day before bed for a week and then alternate days for 2 weeks it should help. Make sure you then use the cream on the bumps every night. You dont have to buy expensive creams there are lots to choose from. Look on the supermarket shelves.

• Posted

These little bumps look a lot like simple folliculitis, that is, ingrown hairs. This is very common on the arms, groin, legs, and armpits, and usually appears after shaving or when wearing very tight clothing.

You can exfoliate with a vegetable scrub or with an exfoliating soap.

However, the ideal thing is to see a dermatologist as soon as possible, because I am only speculating based on the photo you provided.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.