I have vasculitis but now they think i have Wegners

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am testing high positive for PR-3 but my ANCA level is teetering on equival. So now more blood work ordered. Can you test positive for PR-3 and your ANCA stay equal and be diagnosed with Wegners

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amy

I was diagnosed with Wegener's after 81/2 years of not knowing what I had.  It was only when I saw Dr David D'Cruz at St Thomas's hospital in London who said that despite always having a negative ANCA my symptoms pointed to the fact that I had been suffering from Wegener's for all that time.  I have only had 4 years of steroids as treatment and no other meds.  I take lots of other pills for the symptoms but no actual treatment.  At present I am ok and don't have many symptoms. 

I hope that this helps. Regards  Jan

• Posted

Hi Amy,

From what I can gleen, anything is possible. I too have positive PR3 but very low titre of c-anca, Haven't been diagnosed with anything and have no symptoms except for slight numbness in my feet. The doc is still looking into things and having more blood tests next week. They are a bit concerned at the PR3 and think something may be brewing. Good luck with everything

Glenn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.