I just got diagnosed a week ago!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just got diagnosis a week ago! I am so sad! It was a complete shock to me! I would usually never miss work . I have missed all this week and some of last week! I know this is. not a death sentence but on the other hand I am in extreme pain..from the outbreaks to chills ! I'm so weak my body just hurts everywhere. I have a previous condition. I have a very slight case of cerebral palsy..only my left leg is stiff. In addition to this I suffer from anxiety and depression..all stemming from my cp. I have over come all of that and live a normal life. The one symptom that is extremely unbearable is the nerve pain! I believe mine is so serve because of my slight case of cp! When will this pain stop I do not want pain meds for life too! Is my body reacting. in this extreme nature because I just contracted the virus three weeks ago? When willthe shame be bearable I have been crying myself to sleep every night! I would love to. talk to someone I am lost on how to cope Extremely hurt and as I said the nerve pain alone makes me want to cry! I know someone cares out there! Thoughts and advice please!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey! hang in there, I cannot give you advice...But just wanted to say I'm sorry that you have to deal with this along with your cp. I just want to say my thoughts are with you.
    • Posted

Thank you Johnna it means so much to me!
  • Posted

It might be that the craming in the body is a ittle worse beause of your previous condition.. drink alot of water and please do take the meds for right now its the only thing that gets rid of the quicker... the first out break is the worst and the pain and sore will last about 2 weeks but the pain will minimize.. wear loose clothing... drink alot of natural juices and start taking daily multi vitamins asap every day .. things do get better .. the emotional part is the worst. your out breaks wil be less severe everytime,, if you dont want to take daily meds for the virus that fine but alays keep some at home for when ever you feel a new outbrek coming start taking them ... withing the first  5 motnhs it will come an go .. at least it did for me.. with time your body builds anti bodies so outbreaks become less severe 

Also take a bath in epsom salt that works as well. with hot water 

• Posted

Thank You jazmin95438...im really having a hard time! Thank you for taking the time to respond I cant work up the nerve to speak on it with anyone except my bf..and that situation I don't even have the energy to sort out..he was a little to calm when I told him..really wish he would of told me. Right now I have to focus on getting better and that is that! I hope ur okay and if u ever need a listening ear I'm here!
  • Posted

NO problem honey.  Try not to be super stressed out although that is hard.. out breaks are triggered by stress ... at night try to sleep without under wear or pants so it wont irritate .. and wear cotton under wear in the day time and nothing too tight.. things will get better trust me.. the hardest part is the emotional one. !!! get on those multi vitamins 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.