I lost 26 pound in two months

Posted , 9 users are following.

I’m worry , I lost 26 pounds in 2 months, there time I don’t even get hungry from worrying  so much .. what could this be ?  I went from 240 to 214

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hermon

Are you trying to loose weight ? If on a diet mention it when you see your nurse to get weighed

If you are not wanting to loose weight, see your GP especially if this weight loss is out of the ordinary. Make your appointment  Tuesday

BOB

BOB

• Posted

No I’m not  trying to lose weight ,  i made a appt for Tuesday casue I’m very worry , I’m not on a diet or anything , I had blood work done few week ago and Thyriod came back normal . 
  • Posted

Good Luck Tuesday Herman

Let us know how you get on

BOB

• Posted

I had had blood work everything came back Normal also had a camera put down my throat to check my stomach and that came back normal not sure what’s casuing me not to get hungry . And weight lose 
  • Edited

Hello;

I know this conversation is two years old and perhaps people who left the message will not follow up, but I leave this message for those who read in future. It is related to unexplained weight loss. I promised my self that if I get well, I explain things to people who may be worried.

Early Symptoms : Cough, a lot of mucus, chest pain, lack of appetite, weight 72 kg

Early medical tests ((GP doctor, not knowing it is related to stomach) performed Corona test, blood tests, influenza, sonography liver etc, allergy, lung ventilation. These tests were normal.

Symptoms two months later: Less cough and mucus, big lack of appetite, weight decreased to 66.4 kg (from 72 kg)

Gastro doctor visited: New tests include heart, more blood tests, endoscopy with biopsy (showed chronic Gastritis), Colonoscopy with biopsy (a benign polyp, <1 cm), MRI (belly, throat, and head, ok), blood tests for various markers , sonography of belly, Helicobacter test (positive).

Medications for Helico bacter 3 months after start of early symptoms: Completed in two weeks triple therapy including 3 g of amoxycillin and 2 grams of tetracycline, and 2 PPI for the bacteria per day, it was painful to complete this. Weight was around 66-66.5 kg (the weight loss seemed stopped after endo-colonoscopy). I still had occasional feeling of fullness (lack of appetite), burning sensation in chest and stomach.

6 months later (after early symptom): Weight went up to 68.5 kg...after eating around 70 kg, but I definitely have stomach acid issue, feeling of heartburn and throat.

Conclusions: Do not know what the reasons were.

Recommendations: When getting unexplained weight loss, definitely visit doctors especially gastro doctors and do the tests (it is possible they done not find anything). But perhaps not all of them are very life threatening. I hope this helps you feel better.

• Posted

Its hard to say. Just because you do not feel hungry it doesnt mean you do not need to eat. You should always intake a certain amount of calories, no matter if you feel hungry or not, but substitute calories for more soups and fruits.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.