I'm exhausted all the time!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm really struggling to cope with the side effects of Coelaic Disease. I eat the right foods and I am so so careful not to eat anthing that may be contaminated etc. But I still end up feeling tired and down. I was on a teaching placement with my uni, but I've had to withdraw because of my health. I have anxiety as well, which doesn't help.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you been tested for deficiencies?  It's very common for those with CD to have malabsorption.  Just low b12 alone will knock you on your keester!  I know how tired and down I was, and how much better after injections and liquid supplements!  Exactly as you said, "tired and town" - it's like feeling defeated...every day. sad  

A nutritionist with Schar told us that those with Coeliac are often low in the ADEK vitamins (A, D, E & K) plus you could have low B, Calcium, Iron, etc.  Please have your doctor test you for EVERYTHING.  No matter what you eat, you may not get enough for your body until your gut fully heals (takes the better part of one year or even several years). And, if you have any type of anaemia, you'll need even more treatment to "catch up".  

The other thing is that auto-immune diseases tend to lead to others. Be sure you don't have a thyroid condition or other problem that is making you feel this way...  The diet is hard enough - but sometimes even that is just NOT enough.

HUGS and GOOD LUCK to you!!

• Posted

I'm sorry I have only just seen your reply! Yes, I have been told I am Iron and Calcium deficient and since then have been put on supplements. I may go back to docs and ask them about B12 as I am still feeling very much the same sad 

Thankyou so much for your advice, I really appreciate it!

HUGS! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.