I'm new to this, im 23 i was recently diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive been dealing with pancreatitis for the past year, i'ts an extremley frustrating and painfull condition,i feel constantly exuasted all the time and eating solid food is another aggrivating issue as i have had gastritis and constipation for the past several year's, i have lost a lot of weight as a result of this and just feel as though my body crashing on me like a worn out car, I can't work which is frustating because i suffer from anxiety(Agorphobic)and deppression to go with it. I'm not the self pitying type like i have seen in some other healthy people who complain about the most littliest of thing,i find it somwhat  irritating to see normal people taking basic such work,relationships and other simple things for granted things that i and other's can only dream of ect. Pancreatits has compremised things even more so than before. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Excuse the typos i was frantic typing this postfrown

• Posted

Dear Matt, I have had Chronic Pancreatitis for 13 years. I got it while I was pregnant at the age of 34. They found out later it is due to a birth defect in my pancreas called a divisum. The papilla major does not drain so, I get sort of "backed up" with digestive juices. After finding a good gastroenterologolgist and pain doctor I can work full time. Anxiety is worsend by this disease bc I don't know when I'll be sick. Your life is different now, but ypu will survive this. I did. It's hard, but I don't think weak people are given this. Take it easy, don't be hard on yourself. You have pancreatitis, but it doesn't have to have you.

• Posted

It took me a long time to get my head around it at first like i couldnt accept it or believe it, i often kidded myself by getting drinking alot even in pain i would still drink more so to forget about it and various other life challenging complications until 2 months ago when i got a grip of reallity and stopped drinking this decision happend when i woke up one morning and said to myself who are you tring to fool? that following night i decided go to hospital for treatment and i've been sobre since, this challenging for me but i don't want to lose to it again after coming so far. I hope things get better for me soon and the same to you.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that you're in so much pain and exhaulsed all of the time. I hope that now you have a diagnoses you'll be able to get on an eating plan and your Dr will be able to prescribe you the neccessary meds to help deal with it.

On a side note, people that complain about work, relationships and other 'simple thing' are also hurting, just in a different way. I wouldn't discount them on being simple, because to them it's not.

• Posted

Hi Matt,

I really wish I could help you. I was just diagnosed last week myself. I'm afraid too.

<3

Michelle

• Posted

I was terrified at first but i had to learn in time accept it come to terms with it this was at first exceedingly difficult to get my head around. Hope you get well soon.
  • Posted

Matt,

I have chronic pamcreatitis, i've had it for about 5 years. Mine was so bad I had a 10 hour Whipple surgery to removemthe head of the pancreas and re-plumb my insides. Alcohol caused mine, I was just a normal beer drinking guy, my job in sales had me taking customers out to party, golf, drink, etc

First thing to do is get a good pain Dr., and they are hard to find. Most Dr's have no idea of the pain of pancreatitis, so they give you some weak meds that probably wont help. I'm sure some will,dis-agree about being on pain meds but you have to work and be able to function. Just take the opoids as prescribed and you will be ok. If,they aren't working tell the Dr. It,takes,a while to get the meds right. Just be careful with them, they will kill you, thye killed Prince a few months ago. My options are to remove my pancreas totaly or leave it and stay on the pain meds. Every Dr has agreed to leave it is best, and treat it with pain meds.

when mine gets bad I just dont eat, not the best thing but its better than throwing up and being doubled over in pain. The Carnation Instant Breakfast is way better than Ensure and Boost. It has the same protein and taste a hell of a lot better.

I hope some of this helps, it hurts I know, the Drs took 3-4 years to finally come to the conclusion I had a bad pancreas. Get a good pain Dr, don't drink Alchol and watch what you eat, take the oxy as prescribed and you'll make it.

Rick

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.