I'm newly operated, just 1 week ago...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I usually read some articles about thyroid since I was diagnosed of hyperthyroidism almost 2 years ago.

In 2008 I had a heart attacked without any further findings. I took my medication for 1 year back then. Then when I finally came here in Sweden last 2013, I went to the hospital for my neck pain. They did different tests like ECG, heart ultra sound, X-ray and blood testing.

In 2013, I got all the symptoms of being a hyperthyroidism that got their attentions to do the bloodtest for thyroid.

All of you knows it. Losing your appetite, 4-5 times bowel movements, sleepless nights, neck and shoulder pain and dry skin.

Worst scenarios when I started taking my medication to lower or balance my hormones. Now I have my eyeglasses and couldn't hear so clear even you're talking in front of me. Just a seconds and I will easily forget things or the words I say. I thought it's just really me, so when I red some of the replies here, it became more clear to me that thyroid problem is a serious disease.

Now, I'm a little bit scared of all the results that I red. I'm on my 8th day dyer my thyroidectomy operation. When I'm walking, I still feel dizzy sometimes. When I'm changing my steri-strips on my wound, I got dizzy. I still have a morning and evening fever. It's not that high but seems to be there's something wrong.

In my left foot where they put the needle for my dextrose, now it is swelling inside. Maybe something blocked in my veins. And it really hurts inside. I also experience a muscle spasm both my arms .

Still can't sleep at night. Now that I'm taking my levo, I'm afraid for more upcoming side effects. But I know if I stop it,it will be more dangerous.

I'm actually depress and moody as I'm having my sick leave vacation. But it felt more difficult that after one week I still feel weak.

I'm 25 years old now and from the past 21 months I've experienced different sicknesses while I'm having my medication.

Some of you who also wrote in this discussion, thanks for the encouragement and informations about levo effects.

More power!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi khen, I had an operation on my shoulder 18 months ago that involved a general anaesthetic as your thyroidectomy operation would have. It took me over 2 weeks before I stopped feeling weak and dizzy. I felt sort of fragile. So your dizzyness after the operation may just be a reaction to the anaesthetic, though it might be a good idea to go and get checked by your doctor.

Your foot doesn't sound right. You mention dextrose - are you diabetic? If so that would be another good reason to get checked by a doctor.

• Posted

Hej Barbara,

I'm not really sure if it's for dextrose too. I have one in my arm and one in my foot when I woke up after the operation. Maybe it's for anaesthesia? Not really sure. I'm not diabetic anyway.

But yes thanks for infos. I will go to my doctor tomorrow so he can check it .

• Posted

Many people do fine on levo. The ones that don't, like me, are very vocal and are searching for answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.