I'm so down in the dumps...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been through 2 years of abnormal smears, colposcopies abs several hormonal treatments to try and minimize my horrendous menstrual cramps, and I have a period twice a month most months. 3 months ago I had a cone biopsy and the cut out a chunk of cancerous cells, then they gave me the green light and said come back in 6 months. Well, recently, I've been experiencing extreme exhaustion and bleeding after intercourse. A LOT. I don't know if I should call my doc or wait the 3 months. Anyone else in a similar predicament?

Thanks!

Trina

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katrina. Don't wish to scare you but you MUST see you GP as soon as possible. Any bleeding as should be investigated, but as you've stated there is a lot of blood, then please get it looked at. It may be something simple. Good luck.
  • Posted

After a cone procedure, there are changes to your cervix that could cause the extra bleeding, especially upon sexual penetration.  It could be nothing more than that or if you are close to your normal period, you could have some bleeding from that.  Calling your doctor might give you some piece of mind so you might want to go ahead and give them a call.  No since worrying for 3 more months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.