I'm struggling to maintain my erections, help?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I have been with my partner for 3 years now, durng the 3 years our sex life has been fantastic and problem free. It was only a few weeks ago when we had sex upon waking up and for pretty much the first time I didn't last very long at all as I lost my erection (this has only ever happened once or twice whilst iv been with her) and she was very open about how upset she was by this, which I can fully understand. Since then, I let it get in my head far too much, and as a result it happened a few times more. I resaearched Erectile dysfunctiuon and why this happened to me, I even went to the Drs who told me that there is no physical reason its happeining, and its just a pyschological block (i.e anxierty of perfomrance as it has happended a few times i am worrying it might happen again) - so I spoke  to my partner properly about it which seemed to help, things didnt go away over night but they got better over the course of the next 2 weeks, to the point where during those 2 weeks we fell pregnant :-) which I am over the moon about, and is evidnece that I dont have anything wrong with me. I love this woman unconditionally and want to spend the rest of my life with her, her children (my step-children) and our child (to be biggrin I find her very sexually attracitve, she does everything for me, however, sill to this day, I cannot fully forget about that fact that my penis has not worked in the past  (because of those few times) and it still finds its way to the front of my head when we engage in sex. How on God's green earth do I get rid of this horrible, destroying  thought from my head? The last thing I want is for this to persist, I want to enjoy my sex life without having to worry about it possibly happening again!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Scott,

First of all, congratulations on your partner's pregnancy.

With regard to worrying about erectile problems - what is important to remember is that most men will experience erectile dysfunction at least once in their lives. If it has only happened to you a handful of times, in fact, you're probably actually doing better than most men.

You can reduce the likelihood of it occurring by trying not to drink too much alcohol before you engage in intercourse, limiting overall strerss and making sure you're getting enough sleep, and not trying to have sex while exhausted.

The more you don't worry about occasional ED and realise that it's normal, the less of a problem it will be.

Hope that helps!

• Posted

i used to have a lot of erection problems, especially with lasting - turned out it was all in my head, just play music and relax - realise that she has to impress you - check out youtube there are a number of tracks that can help you, even search brainwave power music
  • Posted

Hii,

Congrates you are going to be father.

To avoid the problem of erectile dysfunction in future just be tension free and stress free. Psychological effects can cause the ED. So be relaxing and enjoy your life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.