I'm terrified I have CFS/ME and I don't know what to do

Posted , 1 user is following.

It started in February, I was studying for mock exams and incredibly stressed, then I went out drinking one night and haven't been the same since.

I woke up deluded and light headed, not like a hangover, painless and weak. Physically tired constantly though that's just from lack of sleep, but the worst bit about it is insane head fog. Existing with it is so horrible, I barely feel any emotion any more and can't even stress or feel sad. but the worst bit is the fact I don't even feel tired whatsoever mentally, like I'm constantly on an energy drink or hyperaroused even when resting or literally remaining bedridden for the equivalent of 4 days. Sometimes I get a sore throat though not often and I used to work out up until this started placing strain on my studies.

Now it is worth noting I have had struggles with depression and anxiety before, and we are currently looking at anti depressants and anti stress medicines. Simultaneously I have had final A levels looming for almost a year, so it'd be understandable if that was the cause of some anxiety, yet it feels like this is borderline constant and I can't get rid of it even when distracting myself.

The worst bit about it is the fact that my studies are being disrupted as I can't concentrate as I constantly feel dissociated and mentally clouded.

I've also has constant cramping in my body, particularly my rear deltoids and neck, though I have had some in the lower back.

Simultaneously it gets much worse whenever I try to think or do work.

I am definately very tired, but my problem is finding out whether the tiredness is the cause or the result of my symptoms and if so what is causing the tiredness.

I hope its anxiety or severe Depression but I can't lie, my hope is wavering.

Any support would be helpful, and I can take a bad outlook I just need pointers and a direction because I'm lost otherwise.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.