I’m trying to figure out if I have a yeast infection

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm gonna make this brief. Because I got pics.

I have itching around my vaginal opening, but not in the vagina.

My partner and I were having sex like three times a day last week. There was some sharp pain deep in my vagina and a dryness around the opening. Just because of our frequency (I am not used to participating in that much sex lol).

I used Monistat 3 for the past 3 days and it helped some, saying "Why not, just use the med and see if it helps."

There are inflamed and red areas that I believe are located on my hymen?

And now there is white stuff everywhere that sort of looks like yeast. This stuff was not there before using Monistat.

My question is whether the white stuff is still the medication coming out a whole day after, BV, or still yeast?

What do I do??!

I circled the areas that are particularly itchy and inflamed.

Is this literally all from sex? Lol

imageimage

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hopefully you got things figured out and taken care of by now. But if it happens again, it could be yeast infection or it could be irritation from the sex, definitely.

I've had such itching, pain and discharge that was awful for days, or longer, after too much friction from sex at times. So much that I thought there must be some kind of infection, but it wasn't.

Inflammation and irritation could be causing the discharge, or the medicine you used. But with the amount of intercourse you were having, it could really be any of the above.

I think it would be best to get a test to rule out any infection, then you'll know that it's either from the frequency of sex, or times when there isn't quite enough lubrication, or maybe even a sensitivity you may have to a soap or something being used.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.