I need help and opinions

Posted , 5 users are following.

I need some help from you guys. I'm having lots of trouble living in the moment, and it seems like all I do now a days is just wait. My life is just waiting for all this anxiety to end and it's preventing me from living in the moment. It's just that sense of constantly waiting for things to finally be better that sucks and I just want to be content with the current moment I am living in. Advice?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jake

Have you tried guided mindful meditation to help you being in the moment.

It could help you to focus if someone is talking you through it. Calming the mind and the body.

If you go on to you tube... type in mindful meditation for beginners and intermediate . It will bring up guided ones to take you back to the basics .

I find them helpful when i need to focus xx

• Posted

Yes it can feel defeating and very limiting.

What is it that you are currently putting off? Anything specific?

Unfortunately you are stuck in a cycle. By waiting for anxiety to end you are preventing it from ending. Anxiety disorder is not like a sore throat that ends. it is something you must grow through. Therefore the only way out is to take the first good wave and try any small thing that will give you any sense of pleasure. However small. And build from that. Anxiety is overcome by positive experience proving to your mind that you can continue to meet your needs and desires despite the current sense of uncertainty.

Your moment, your 'now' is with anxiety. Rather than fighting that, accept that you are a little limited right now and know that by exercising these frozen muscles you will gradually be able to achieve more and more balance, peace and pleasure. It is a process. Good and bad days. If on one day you manage to achieve one small feat - it will be proof that you can move beyond this. A common mistake is expecting too much too soon. Think small for the first few steps. Then as you gain confidence jump a little higher. No rush. You will get where you need to be.

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear that. I know how it is and I would not wish it upon anyone. I suggest making plans,Surrounding yourself with friends and family. and talking. Getting thigs off your chest does amazing things sometimes smile I am here for you if you want to talk

• Posted

Reverse this! Just live and wait for the anxiety to go away. You can not "wait" for things to get better. Act like its better and it will follow. All a mind game anyway

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.