I need help knowing if this is MC Please I am stressed and scared af.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had these bump appear after unprotected sex however was also going to gym almost everyday . I was taking a shower one day and noticed the bumps above my bikini live or my pubic hair line. Did go to the doctors they told me it could just be ingrown hair but was pretty convinced it was something else have had ingrown hairs in the past on my face. Do not really look the same. Have has these bumps for about 3 months now . There is no pain or itchiness. Not sure if this is HPV from what I can tell from my research HPV looks a lot different. and I do not have any bumps on my Penis or sack. if someone could tell me if it looks like MC . Haven't really noticed new bumps have a few pictures of bumps and how they have changed. Did talk to a demi over zoom sent in pictures she said it is more then likely MC and how long I have had them . not to sure I need some help and reassurance if it MC . I want to see if this forum can help me and hopefully see the light at the end of the tunnel. haven't been eating because been so focused on stressing myself out about these bumps. imageimageimageimage

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

First of all, take a deep breathe. You are going to be ok and whatever this is, it's not life threatening and it's not a reason to stop eating from stress. From your description, it sounds quite a bit like mollescum. From the pictures, I would guess mollescum as well but I can't be positive. Mollescum usually is more singular bumps - and you have a couple of those. But then you also have some rash-like, red raised bumps. That's not as typical with mollescum but that could be from a number of different factors.

From my own experience, I would trust the dermatologists diagnosis. A lot of family doctors aren't as familiar with genital mollescum but dermatologists know mollescum when they see it.

Definitely stop shaving. If this is mollescum, you will be ok! Many of us have gone through it or are going through it. It's more of a mental stress than a physical. Some things to keep in mind:

• Mollescum is very contagious, so be mindful not to touch it and then touch other parts of your body. Wash your hands regularly. Clean your clothes after one use, etc.
    • Consider making an appointment to freeze the bumps with a doctor. You can do it at home but it's good to do the first session at the doctor.
    • Try to relax. I know that sounds crazy, and believe me - I've been there. But my mollescum only truly went away when I calmed down about it. I have very bad anxiety and mollescum made me go crazy. Relaxing and taking a minimal approach to treatment is what finally worked for me.

There's a lot of great resources and informed people on this group, so you are in good company. Ultimately, mollescum is not painful, itchy, or life-threatening. In most cases, it will go away in a few months. The 2-year cases are the exception - not the rule. You can get through this!

• Edited

I would go see a doctor to get an official diagnosis. How long after your sexual encounter did you noticed these bumps? Also, check out the subreddit on this topic. Theres a ton of regular activity on it; it's very helpful. Best of luck to you man!

• Posted

i did in fact go to a doctor and he did tell me before I had mentioned anything that it does in fact look like molluscum . since I have no signs of discharge or pain . was telling me my case is mild and that I need to calm down . was telling me that I can still have sex with my girlfriend as long as they are covered due to the situation we have broken up because she believes I was unfaithful which is not the case . however Im just going to ride it out and take care of myself . slowly calming down . keep my immune system up . I will update this post in a few months showing my progress may sound I guess pathetic but I need someone there for me even if I may not know them . I dont have any family and currently single so everyone thank you for your time . I am hoping I get though this Im scared and feel so disappointed in myself for letting this happen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.