I Need Help!! My GP is useless Diagnosed with PCOS 7 Years Ago and Still No where :(

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Im New Here,

But I hoping someone on here can help a woman out. Here is a little background -

Im 26 years old i have a 9 year old boy and a 7 year old boy both pregnancies normal last son was 6 weeks early, same partner for 11 years. I started having complications after my youngest son so went to see my GP, Periods where all over on and off, went for scans stomach and internal. Was Diagnosed with PCOS didnt have any idea what it was i done some research and figured well the GP didnt say much so must be ok, went on a little while we decided we wanted to start trying for baby number 3.... 😦 a year on and still wasnt happening, went to a different GP she told me it was my weight and that PCOS was all about weight management...so went away tried all the different diets healthy eating you name it ive tried it, Scans for Endo. im currently 14st still trying the weight thing. GP gave me orlistat didnt help Gym didnt help.

GP says the only other option for me is birth control which i dont want to do....

Periods are none stop when they do stop me and my partner try intercourse its painful and i bleed straight after and it doesnt stop for 3-4 weeks again.

any way 7 GPs, 3 Nurses, Every bit of information in and im still stuck at square one, will list my symptoms below

-weight

-headaches

-constantly tired

-bloating

-gas

-irritable bowels

-bleeding non stop

-feeling so low and depressed

-backpain and leg pain

people have says they've been offered medication and surgery - any advice would be great

Thanks

A Woman On a Mission 😃

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

your story sounds juts like mine except i have endometreosis as well i ended up having a full hysterectomy after 6 failed surgeries at 29.

• Posted

So Sorry To here this. how do i go about asking for the Laparoscopy if thats what you had

• Posted

i went and saw an endocreologist!! highly recommend finding a good one i went through 5 doctors before i found one to take my serious

• Posted

I'm 40, no kids, 5 years where i had very intermittent periods, i put it down to stress.., but then from 2016.. ish my period came and went but only having 3 or 4 a year!! went to see gynaecologist after referral from GP diagnosed with PCOS no cysts but (irregular periods, extreme lower back pain, mood swings, hirtism -awful ffs) was typical of someone with pcos! They say its only FAT women, but i have a friend who is only 8 stone!!! she has it...

Does anyone suffer at the time of their supposedly ovulation time?? extreme pain into coccyx, burning, shooting pain, knawing ?? today i want to cry my eyes out.. pain is 10/10 unbearable but i know im due at any point ( mood, tears, pain, fatigued, loss of concentration)

• Posted

It's nothing to do with weight... I am 6st 10 and have been for many years (although i eat plenty, a lot of fatty foods etc i never seem to gain). i was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 14/15... the cysts have now started to destroy both ovaries... i have a gynaecology appointment this thursday (im so nervous) as have been made aware to expect a surgery to be the outcome as everything else i have tries does not work. hope you're okay and get sorted! x

• Posted

I honestly have just been left with that diagnosis and that is that! I think you have PCOS due to your symptoms. Deal with it. cheers!

As I mentioned in my previous message, only had 4 or 5 periods last year.. so far i am 2 weeks late! I got one in January lasted 2 days, should have been due if normal on 1st February, still no show of Aunt Flo! who knows! might not get one and ill get one in March! Don't know!

I hope that you get sorted on Thursday! Good Luck, let me know.

• Posted

Aunt Flo is all over the place for me... last month, didn't see her once, this month she was late and then turned up unannounced. A few years ago I didn't have a visit for 3 years... then BANG!!!!

The doctors where the same with me when I was first diagnosed... Pretty much told me I had them and then that was it, I was just left... In and out of hospital repeatedly because they were bursting and still left to it... Was put on medication, but was doing nothing.... So now potentially only left with 2 choices... Leave it and carry on as I have been for years and just 'put up' with the agony I am in and them bursting or have this operation... Only tomorrow I will find out.

Keep on at the doctors and tell them to do further tests and ask about your options... ask about medication etc... it works different for each person, you might be lucky with the medication... fingers crossed...

• Posted

i had a patient, who lost weight by something called jumba??

your gp was correct, your extra weight seems affecting even peristalsis

meds along should help you fast

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.