I need help/possibly pilonidal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive had this bump in at the top of my butt for a couple days. It hurts to sit. Is this pilonidal? I really need help

I tried to attach a picture of it, but i dont know if it went through

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Could be. Has it leaked? If so does it stop hurting after? Is there an open hole after? These are common signs.

Antibiotics will kick it back but not cure it. At this stage I'd try it.

That said, if it is indeed a pilonidal, and not some other infection (hair, etc) I would get it surgically treated asap. The sooner the better.

• Posted

Hello, and thanks.

Since this picture it has started leaking but hasn't completely stopped hurting, though it isn't quite as bad. As for the hole, there is no hole, at least not one i have observed.

• Posted

And also it has slowly been getting smaller. Id say it went from the size of a pea to the size of an unpopped popcorn kernel

• Posted

It leaked for maybe about 12 to 13 hours, and then stopped and has been dry since.

• Posted

Then you may be in luck. A pilonidal will leak but usually leave a hole or "sinus". The hole wont usually hurt until it becomes infected. If it heals shut and does not have a lingering infection you may be ok. Keep your eye on it over the next week or so

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.