I need help with information. Numerous GP visits but no use

Posted , 4 users are following.

• Lately I've been experiencing extreme fatigue. I can't get to do anything. I'm also a masters student which means lots and lots of assignment. I can barely sit straight for my online classes. I lie down after sometime. Even typing this hurts my hands. I'm very sleepy the whole day. Can't carry something in my hands for long as it starts paining. Whole body especially hands, upper and middle back pains like hell while waking up in the morning. I can feel my pain while breathing.
  • I have had numerous visits to GP in the past 6 months. All they do is blood tests and everything comes back normal and brush it off. I'm very very exhausted now both mentally and physically. One of the Doctors asked me few questions if I lack motivation, if I feel stressed and not satisfied with life. I said yes to all of them and its because of the pain that I'm suffering. But she said it's because of depression or anxiety.
  • I have no idea what to do, which doctor to rely on. Are you guys who are officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia, able to relate to my symptoms? How did you get it diagnosed? Was the diagnosis procedure lengthy?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I suffer from every single symptom you've mentioned. You need to ask to be referred to a Rheumatologist.

I am new in this forum and cant believe i now belong to this club of pain. its pretty saddening.

I just hope to God there will be some light at the end of the tunnel. Ive been prescribed Amitriptyline. Can take a few weeks to kick in apparently and I'm on day 3. So watch this space.

Hope you get the help you need. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.